Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

THHGTTG wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:32 pm
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:25 am I can't believe that OEM sport exhausts do not meet the required noise standards. That would leave the manufacturer open to all manner of claims.

Where is the line drawn though? Loud stereos? Personally I’d make it illegal for people to vape with their windows down.
What are you talking about Omni???
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
PaulJohn

Post by PaulJohn »

I'm also a second time Macan S owner but I went from a Gen 1S in black to a Gen 3S in night blue (http://www.porsche-code.com/PNFM2850). Loving the colour especially in the sun.

I also added Sport Chrono and I am cautiously using Sport mode during the running in period. With added PASM and 21 inch wheels this time around the handling is firmer and better for it. Ever so slightly on the stiff side but I have some 2-3psi pressure to lose on the tyres all round. The steering feels a little heavier - possibly due to ordering the smaller diameter sports steering wheel.

Other improvements on previous spec include painted side blades, 75 litre tank and 18 way seats.

There is an annoying drivers door vibration on some road surfaces. Will have to book it in :(

PCM is annoying as it's not remembering my Porsche ID and the connection with the MyPorsche app is flakey (says it's connected to another network). CarPlay needs internet connection to play YouTube Music despite having tracks downloaded. I sent a destination to it thinking I would load it en route but it was not found. Had to pull over and add it directly into the car. Teething problems I hope.

I think the Sports exhaust is slightly more muted compared to Gen 1 but could be wrong as I had nearly a years gap in ownership. The sound is different too, more refined perhaps. It still makes every drive an occasion.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

THHGTTG wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:13 am Without PSE there is very little exhaust noise to be heard inside the car, but quite a lot of (good) engine noise when you gun it.

However, my son drove mine recently and I was amazed how loud and “poppy” it was with standard exhaust from the outside.
Agreed, my gen3 S is quite a serene place to be when in comfort driving round town which I personally like. You hear quite a bit of noise if you let the revs climb particularly when you use manual(which you should do!). When my other half drives the car though even when I’m inside the house I immediately know when she has turned the car on or is driving back to the house. The standard Macan insulation is very good imo.
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

I took my Gen 1 Turbo into OPC to fix a small oil leak, and they arranged a gen 3 S for me to use for 1 week. I had thoughts about changing my Gen 1 to Gen 3 previously - but after driving the S - i have totally changed my mind.
The Gen 3 S did not have the same roaring sound as my 3.6turbo engine - i have a standard square exhaust and the popping and cracking is so much superior sounding in normal mode. The engine sound when driving is also so much better on my turbo - as i could hardly hear the engine sound of the S even when at red in sports mode - it has done 6K miles on clock so engine should be fully run in. Especially in the mornings - When i start the car - its so quiet compared to mine. The most annoying thing is the buttonless buttons. Hated them - had to look down to press and when i press - its a 50/50 chance it has been pressed - gotta look before pressing, and then gotta look again if changes has definitely been made, whereas on mine - i can feel and press and hear/know its good.

Figures says that Gen 1 Turbo has similar performance to Gen 3 S - however - it definitely did not feel like it!! Maybe the Gen3 S was so quiet and smoother ride than mine due to age.

Anyway, overall - Will keep my turbo for another 2 years.
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
homerdog

Post by homerdog »

Philwebster95 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:52 am
Also in 2019, I saw the heat insulating glass and thought it was a gimmick so did not add it. This was a mistake, in summer, the air-con could not keep up with the solar gain (compared to my previous cars). I have specified it this time, it remains to be seen how well it works.
I had it on my previous GTS and didn't spec it on my new one because it played havoc with the mobile phone reception! I can't say I've noticed much difference in the sound level in the car and the climate control is coping well.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Greddyuk wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:11 pm I took my Gen 1 Turbo into OPC to fix a small oil leak, and they arranged a gen 3 S for me to use for 1 week. I had thoughts about changing my Gen 1 to Gen 3 previously - but after driving the S - i have totally changed my mind.
The Gen 3 S did not have the same roaring sound as my 3.6turbo engine - i have a standard square exhaust and the popping and cracking is so much superior sounding in normal mode. The engine sound when driving is also so much better on my turbo - as i could hardly hear the engine sound of the S even when at red in sports mode - it has done 6K miles on clock so engine should be fully run in. Especially in the mornings - When i start the car - its so quiet compared to mine. The most annoying thing is the buttonless buttons. Hated them - had to look down to press and when i press - its a 50/50 chance it has been pressed - gotta look before pressing, and then gotta look again if changes has definitely been made, whereas on mine - i can feel and press and hear/know its good.

Figures says that Gen 1 Turbo has similar performance to Gen 3 S - however - it definitely did not feel like it!! Maybe the Gen3 S was so quiet and smoother ride than mine due to age.

Anyway, overall - Will keep my turbo for another 2 years.
Assume the Loaner had a Sports Exhaust fitted?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

No idea. I presume so - I would had thought it’s standard now on S and GtS. It has the clock there and the exhaust looked like the sports exhaust.
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

Maybe I am wrong and it was just an standard exhaust. Maybe the loan car was limited on sound. But anyway, I hope it’s better with the sports exhaust if it’s an option.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

The Petrol Particulate Filter has muted the engine sound of all this decade built ICE cars. Also the sound insulation and door seals of the latest Macans.

However, with the Sport exhaust in Sport and Sport+ it does produce a richer harder edged noise. The more so with the windows down / panoramic roof open. :twisted:

Your neighbours will appreciate the quieter start up sound! ;)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver