Red Seat Belts

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Wondered if anyone here has ordered the bordeaux red seats belts on a black extended leather interior? For reference I have a GTS on order in Jet Black Metallic.

I am mulling over adding this to my spec, although the wife isn't keen. I feel it would add a touch of colour to the interior and compliment the red calipers without going OTT.

Google search provides plenty of configurator pics but wondered if anyone had real world pics and if they've done this whether they like it in person or regretted it?

Am I having a mare adding this or do people think its a great addition? :lol:

Cheers!

Nella

Post by Nella »

For your delectation.........

Side GTS.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0422.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0421.jpg

PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

Thanks for the pics of red belts.
I was thinking of them for our Macan S on order with Mojave beige interior.
However what has put me totally off is that the middle rear seat is still in black, it just does not look right.

Now confused: .... The confuserator shows all 5 belts in red
Nella. Do you know why your middle rear belt is black?
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

PowerMalc wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:42 pm Thanks for the pics of red belts.
However what has put me totally off is that the middle rear seat is still in black, it just does not look right.

I think Nella has the seat stitching package for a GTS and so the belts come with that. The middle back seat will always be black so as not to show up against upholstery when they come with the seat stitching. I think Nella’s is also Carmine red or even guards but not Bordeaux.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
andreas

Post by andreas »

The configurator pic shows the centre rear belt in red, so that's what you should expect to get. Personally, I wouldn't bother with red belts.

Your spec currently has the standard plastic seats and trim. I think that looks rather cheap in a £65K car. If you really want Mojave beige, go for the extended leather option - there'll be so much more leather and stitching, and the car will feel more special. OK, it's a £2.5K option, but you could ditch some other things to keep the overall price similar. For example, you could decide you didn't really need a heated screen, ventilated seats, autodim mirrors, lane change assist, comfort access and PDLS Plus.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
hood69

Post by hood69 »

04B9B00D-775F-4752-AEF3-E8909B0D0251.jpeg

Not red but Papaya with the contrast stitching on GTS
gammaray

Post by gammaray »

I have a Macan S with Bordeaux red seat belts and all 5 of them are in this colour. I certainly would spec another Porsche of mine in this again as I like the darker red (ie Bordeaux). Incidentally the seats I have are two-tone with Bordeaux too so matching belts go nicely.
Now: 2022 Macan S
Previous: BMW 320i, C class
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

@Jon A is correct that the rear middle belt does not come in red if you have the contrast stitching. This has always been the case as far as I’m aware, my 2017 GTS has red belts and the middle one is black, I have Carmine red stitching. My old 2016 SD also had red belts, the middle one was red as it did not have contrast stitching, but did have extended leather.

I also think the extended leather is one of the best options, both my Macans had/have extended leather which brings the interior to another level.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Nella

Post by Nella »

Jon A wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:00 pm

I think Nella has the seat stitching package for a GTS and so the belts come with that. The middle back seat will always be black so as not to show up against upholstery when they come with the seat stitching. I think Nella’s is also Carmine red or even guards but not Bordeaux.
Yep, mine is the GTS black with carmine red belts and red stitching and should have a black middle seat belt. Sorry for confusing matters!!!
GlobalNomad

Post by GlobalNomad »

I chose extended black leather without any contrast stiching. This makes me feel good that I will get 5 bordeux red seat belts, and maximum bang for the buck!