Calling all Music fans.

The place to discuss everything else..
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I went to see Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets band at The Apollo in Manchester on Friday night. They were excellent. They perform the pre- Dark Side of the Moon stuff, which is a mixed bag of experimental and 'normal' music. The quality of the musicians is epic and Gary Kemp was a revelation. If you can get a ticket , buy one. Problem is they are doing just two more UK gigs, Portsmouth on the 10th and Croydon on the 11th before they head of to Europe and the States.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Glad you survived the Apollo which has to be the pits of all venues.

If I had tickets to a Rolling Stones gig there I would give them away.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Correct, the carpets are as sticky now as they were in the 1970's. There are huge accumulations of dust on the ceiling and the toilets are grotty. The bar staff tried to rip me off but I have experienced it before there so I was alert to the scam. Looking at some of the people attending though, I suspect this was luxury. People I call 'Professional Mancs'. Dressing like Liam Gallagher, wearing beany hats inside and shouting out during songs.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

It is the only venue where we were frisked as we entered.

Outside there were competing gangs offering to mind the cars whilst the owners were in the venue. Luckily we knew of this before hand and parked well away on the other side of the station.

Great gig though, one of the best, but when the band were due another tour I posted on the drummer’s facebook page our experience at the Apollo, next time they played Manchester it was at Bridgewater Hall.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:25 pm I went to see Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets band at The Apollo in Manchester on Friday night. They were excellent. They perform the pre- Dark Side of the Moon stuff, which is a mixed bag of experimental and 'normal' music. The quality of the musicians is epic and Gary Kemp was a revelation. If you can get a ticket , buy one. Problem is they are doing just two more UK gigs, Portsmouth on the 10th and Croydon on the 11th before they head of to Europe and the States.
Brilliant stuff. My ears are still ringing from the MEN waters wall tour few years back.
Ozy floyd are also a must see if you’re into your floyd.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

TK421 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:45 pm
Cheshire Cat wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:25 pm I went to see Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets band at The Apollo in Manchester on Friday night. They were excellent. They perform the pre- Dark Side of the Moon stuff, which is a mixed bag of experimental and 'normal' music. The quality of the musicians is epic and Gary Kemp was a revelation. If you can get a ticket , buy one. Problem is they are doing just two more UK gigs, Portsmouth on the 10th and Croydon on the 11th before they head of to Europe and the States.
Brilliant stuff. My ears are still ringing from the MEN waters wall tour few years back.
Saw Ozzy Floyd a couple of years ago and they were almost indistinguishable from the real thing (have seen PF twice on Division Bell tour) - well worth seeing 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Jon A wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:06 pm
Saw Ozzy Floyd a couple of years ago and they were almost indistinguishable from the real thing (have seen PF twice on Division Bell tour) - well worth seeing 👍
Arguably better nowadays. Gilmour had them at his daughters 18th if I remember correctly.
I also have far too many floyd records (vinyl if you’re American)
Also saw them in 94 Earl’s Court Division Bell tour. Guessing same time as you Jon? Gladly not on the 12th October.
Last edited by TK421 on Wed May 11, 2022 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

TK421 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:43 pm
Jon A wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:06 pm

Arguably better nowadays. Gilmour had them at his daughters 18th if I remember correctly.
I also have far too many floyd records (vinyl if your American)
Also saw them in 94 Earl’s Court Division Bell tour. Guessing same time as you Jon? Gladly not on the 12th October.
Yes Barcelona July ‘94 and Earl’s Court (also not on feted 12th Oct)
👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

I've seen the Waters Brick in the Wall a couple of times, and Ozzy floyd a couple of times. Would have loved to have seen Pink Floyd, Pulse is one of the best live shows EVER.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Rarecolour wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:07 pm I've seen the Waters Brick in the Wall a couple of times, and Ozzy floyd a couple of times. Would have loved to have seen Pink Floyd, Pulse is one of the best live shows EVER.
Gilmour’s Pompeii 2016 I thought was incredible as well. Had tickets, couldn’t go due to other commitments, one of life’s major regrets.
I’m still not over it 😢
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS