Factory closure and price increases

All your ordering information here!
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Given the supply issues and reduced production generally, do members think the factory will close down this August as it usually does. Also, what is the cut off point for the likely price increases this summer? If I get a build slot pre the closedown in late July early August, will I be OK?

Sorry, but sooner ask on here as members seem to know more than my SE!

EDZ

Post by EDZ »

The factory will probably close as usual as it is a national shut down of all manufactures etc, as it is in quite a few other European countries. As for price ! My23 model and new price list is normally sometime in July in the UK, the price you pay is that on lock down. So if you lock down before the new price is published fine, but obviously if new prices are out you will lock down at those and have to pay increased prices. That's not to say prices will not increase prior as they have just recently in the US.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

EDZ wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:51 pm The factory will probably close as usual as it is a national shut down of all manufactures etc, as it is in quite a few other European countries. As for price ! My23 model and new price list is normally sometime in July in the UK, the price you pay is that on lock down. So if you lock down before the new price is published fine, but obviously if new prices are out you will lock down at those and have to pay increased prices. That's not to say prices will not increase prior as they have just recently in the US.
My price was frozen at the pre price rise (December last year?) as I had paid my deposit. My lockdown wasn’t until February.
Not sure this was a model year price rise though?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Jon A wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:37 pm
EDZ wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:51 pm The factory will probably close as usual as it is a national shut down of all manufactures etc, as it is in quite a few other European countries. As for price ! My23 model and new price list is normally sometime in July in the UK, the price you pay is that on lock down. So if you lock down before the new price is published fine, but obviously if new prices are out you will lock down at those and have to pay increased prices. That's not to say prices will not increase prior as they have just recently in the US.
My price was frozen at the pre price rise (December last year?) as I had paid my deposit. My lockdown wasn’t until February.
Not sure this was a model year price rise though?
Yes Jon, my price is held at old price also until MY23 model as I have that in writing, but Come July when MY23 comes out that no longer stands. What I was explaining to the OP is he pays the price quoted on lock down so final delivery has no effect if prices go up after lock down.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Thanks for the replies. Its been suggested by my OPC that allocations for rest of year are being issued in early June. Lets hope I get an prompt allocation slot and lock down pre late July and the price rises. I have a feeling they could be substantial although Porsche will probably load the car up as MY23 is likely to be the final run of ICE Macans before the EV version and new emission rules in 2024.
softsand

Post by softsand »

Geez, the allocation shortage must be getting out of hand over there.

At Solihul they have a base Macan with a heap of options but 83,000 pounds - wow !

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/det ... ned-1KE9VN
2022 Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN22I7J6 with 21” Sport Classic wheels in Satin Platinum
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Told today by my OPC that a new order placed today for a GTS would have an 18 month lead time! There could also be conflict with the EV and their demand level.

They did offer me exactly what I paid for my 23.5 month old GTS if I trade it today, BUT meaningless as of course they cannot predict the p/ex value when the new one arrives towards the end of 2023. :roll: :twisted:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver