Black'n'Red Burmester Macan finally here.

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Having been waiting since July '21, my S finally arrived. Won't bother with the, by now very familiar to everyone, photos of the standard angles, variant wheels and colour of the car. However I think some of you may be interested to know what the Bordeaux extended leather interior looks like.

IMHO, it looks fairly burgundy unless in strong light - then it becomes very red. Either way it's a nice colour and the contrast of the red stitching on the black leather areas looks good too. Highly recommend the extended leather if you are a tactile person. Feels nice and smells nice (in a subtle way) too.

Haven't had a chance to really play around with the settings, but I am verrrrrrrrrry happy with the Burmester stereo in 'Pure' mode. Nicely controlled base, good frequency range. Played a bit of Classical, Hard Rock, Blues etc. and as for acoustic guitar... my oh my.. it is GOOD!.
Certainly not a cheap option, but if anyone has a discerning ear, is considering it and has the means... i would say don't hesitate.. you only live once.

Also, in case anyone is coming from an Audi Q5 or SQ5, the 6cl Macans are just in a different league. suspension, power delivery, quality of fit and fixtures (I have no panel gaps BTW, even after a long drive on a hot day).

[/attachment]

Passenger Fr.jpg

Driver Frdr.jpg

Driver Fr.jpg

Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

That is VERY red.

Enjoy
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Kmorley990

Post by Kmorley990 »

I always liked a well done red interior in a black or white car. I had the interior red package on an s2000 a few years ago. Never had enough buy in from the other half to be so bold again.

Thats very nice OP.
2001 - Fiat Punto & neon lights ( :roll: )
2006 - Honda S2000 (RIP)
2015 - Boxster 781 (coming of age)
2016 - 718 Boxster (The Subaru)
2019 - Macan GTS ( Happy wife, happy life)
2022 - 22 Porsche Macan GTS (Yellow brakes though)
Tyrrell

Post by Tyrrell »

I like that 👍
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYDQZL5
718 Spyder PTS arriving March 2023.
New User

Post by New User »

July to May is a long wait! Congrats and the extended leather is a great option. I couldn't justify Burmester so fair play to you for going big on the audio. A great spec you have there👍
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Fabulous looking interior and I’m sure a fabulous sound too 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

i’d really love to hear the Axminster stereo. The base, which I have, is extremely disappointing. The BOSE, which I had on a loan Macan last week sounded really good by comparison. The Axminster, sorry, Burminster, IS expensive but then so is full leather and some of the wheel options, so I don’t think its unreasonably so. I think I’d probably stick at BOSE but I’d love to hear the Burminster. The red interior is a bold choice but if everyone had Grey and Black, like me, the world would be a very dull place.
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

Definitely too red and overexposed.

Closer to this in real life.

14BB8F56-A8C6-4EB8-AAA9-6AF17A2EC11F.jpeg

Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Hi Mr. Baozi, thanks for your photo (lovely GTS!). I am no photography expert but it does seem to me that your photo was taken on a dull day, whilst mine on a day with very strong and direct sunlight entering from all windows of my car.

Admittedly I only use an iphone, but my photos don't look overexposed to me .. surely if so the black areas in the car would look 'washed' out?.

I was only able to replicate a colour similar to yours by taking a picture in failing light at the end of the day. Look at the two below. the first has strong light and the grass visible through the rear window looks green. the darker photo with the duller colour has darkened grass.

Could it possibly be that different batches of the leather have different colours? Some time back there was news that some 'coloured' leathers were in short supply at Porsche and some builds were delayed because of it?

Maybe it simply is something to do with the intensity of the light but today my seats were very red. I'll see on a grey and cloudy day (which I'm sure will come along soon enough :-) )

BTW this is a photo from the configurator when I ordered my car back in jul'21 - which 'real life' photo to you think most closely resembles it?

Over.jpg

Under.jpg

iris.jpg

Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

BTW

I like many others went for a partial Garnet, five and a half years later it still looks like new.

2E620C66-E6B4-4B47-93CC-BB400C1525CF.jpeg

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags