Lockdown advice.......

All your ordering information here!
Deleted User 4607

Post by Deleted User 4607 »

OK so it seems after 9 months of reading this forum daily and trying to limit myself to one play on the 'configurator' per week I'm finally in a position to confirm my spec prior to lockdown..... :D

Spec as follows: PNKxe877 my total budget must be kept to below £64k

HOWEVER the one question which I would really appreciate everybody's views...Do I ditch the Bose and heated windscreen (I live in the SE and car will be garaged) in favour of part leather (specced the 14 way seats already)

Thoughts appreciated!

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Yes. Go for partial Bordeaux. You already have the belts
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Only you know how much you'll listen to the sound system but I've had the standard system on a Cayenne and two Macans and it's pretty good. I had the heated windscreen on my Cayenne but found it a poor substitute for the original Ford system so haven't specced it on either Macan. I'm retired and it doesn't matter to me if I have to wait an additional 30 seconds for the windscreen to clear. Against that IMHO for a £60k car you should go for as much leather as you can afford.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

You won’t need the heated windscreen.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
andreas

Post by andreas »

Bluesnose's suggestion is sound. £1254 for Black/Bordeaux leather could be money well spent. I can't say the same for Bose or the heated screen. And, if we're looking at value for money, I'd also ditch auto-dim mirrors, speed limit indicator and lane change assist, which will bring you to comfortably less than £64K.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I have standard sound system and am happy with it. The Bose is better (in some ways) but not £830 better - others will disagree but only you will know what you want.
I also have full pebble leather and would forgo any stereo at all before losing the leather! 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

I live in the south east too, but the car is parked outside. I used the heated windscreen a lot last winter ( only collected the car in Dec ). It is a very big screen and getting frost off is a pain. Also, no matter what you do with aircon the windows and particular the screen fog up all the time. The heated screen stops the windscreen from fogging up constantly. I believe its an absolute life saver.

I have full leather and love it BUT the loaner I had last week had partial leather and TBH when you are driving you hardly notice it.

I have the base stereo and for the love of all that is holy get BOSE. The difference is like night and day. I would suggest trying them out but you’ll need to do some tweaking to get either to your tastes so its not a great way to test.

I have had the base stereo for 6 months now and with some tweaking it is tolerable but far from great. The BOSE is in a different league. Of all the things I did and didn’t spec its the only one giving me serious buyers remorse.
andreas

Post by andreas »

THHGTTG wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:44 pm
I have had the base stereo for 6 months now and with some tweaking it is tolerable but far from great. The BOSE is in a different league. Of all the things I did and didn’t spec its the only one giving me serious buyers remorse.
But, at the end of the day, you're in a car with masses of extraneous noise, so not an environment conducive to serious audiophile listening. I'd never pay £800+ for Bose. If I want audiophile listening, I can get it for real at home.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Don't bother with Bose, unless you spend a lot iof time with the engine off, listening to music.

Your car being garaged does not need the heated front screen. Provided you leave the Air Con on year round with Auto set for both sides, you will not even get condensation. The rapid "max heat" button can be used if either should occur to rapidly clear the screen. The heated rear screen and exterior mirrors will do the rest.

Ditch the auto domain mirrors and Lane change assist, but keep the Speed Limit Indicator option.

Above is based in my 5-year experience with Macans.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
New User

Post by New User »

I recommend as much leather as you can get for a car in this price range.

The standard audio is acceptable. I spent about an hour with the Bose setup in a demo car (Good audio is important to me and I have a high end home set up). I concluded it had poor low frequency control but tried to mask it with DSP Modes and extra speakers. Lipstick on a pig is another way of looking at it. It sounds different but that doesn't necessarily mean it is a step up in performance unless you like listening in Surround Mode.

I kind of regret not going for Burmester but do not regret passing on the Bose.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by New User on Mon May 16, 2022 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.