Lockdown advice.......

All your ordering information here!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SAC1 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:02 pm Don't bother with Bose, unless you spend a lot iof time with the engine off, listening to music.

Your car being garaged does not need the heated front screen. Provided you leave the Air Con on year round with Auto set for both sides, you will not even get condensation. The rapid "max heat" button can be used, if either should occur, to rapidly clear the screen. The heated rear screen and exterior mirrors will do the rest.

Ditch the auto dim mirrors and Lane change assist, but keep the Speed Limit Indicator option.

Above is based in my 5-year experience with Macans.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

SAC1 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:02 pm Don't bother with Bose, unless you spend a lot iof time with the engine off, listening to music.

Your car being garaged does not need the heated front screen. Provided you leave the Air Con on year round with Auto set for both sides, you will not even get condensation. The rapid "max heat" button can be used if either should occur to rapidly clear the screen. The heated rear screen and exterior mirrors will do the rest.

Ditch the auto domain mirrors and Lane change assist, but keep the Speed Limit Indicator option.

Above is based in my 5-year experience with Macans.
I personally would not bother with speed limit indicator. If you use apple car play + Waze you get it for free
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^ I'm a Samsung Android user. I prefer the speed to be shown in the small right hand dash dial within direct eye contact. Rather than having to look across to the PCM.
Steve

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

SAC1 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:52 am ^^^ I'm a Samsung Android user. I prefer the speed to be shown in the small right hand dash dial within direct eye contact. Rather than having to look across to the PCM.
That's where it shows with the speed limit indicator. Either in its own screen or at the lower right hand edge or the MFD screen when the oil pressure and temperature readings are displayed. The "No Overtaking" display appears alongside the speed limit when appropriate.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

On-Track wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:50 am
SAC1 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:52 am ^^^ I'm a Samsung Android user. I prefer the speed to be shown in the small right hand dash dial within direct eye contact. Rather than having to look across to the PCM.
That's where it shows with the speed limit indicator. Either in its own screen or at the lower right hand edge or the MFD screen when the oil pressure and temperature readings are displayed. The "No Overtaking" display appears alongside the speed limit when appropriate.
Yep. That's why I specced it on both Macans. Wouldn't be without it. ;)
Steve

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

It's very personal choice but i'd ditch the heated screen, the BOSE and the bordeaux seat belts; the latter arent seen once you have them on, and are zero value come resale.

Everyone is different, its YOUR car after all
Deleted User 4607

Post by Deleted User 4607 »

Thanks to all for your advice...going to take off the Bose/heated screen and red seat belts - latter was to give some contrast to the night blue and black interior and add part leather
Driver aids stay as I will miss not having them on long hauls down through France.....
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Just be careful that things you’ve taken time to spec aren’t going to be a subject of regret if u remove them. The Bose represents not much more than 1% of my spec and I like to listen to music, plus I feel sure this will be an item that the used market will look for ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Just for perspective (before THHGTTG comes on extolling the virtues of Bose) I have the standard stereo which I think is now “bedded in” so to speak. It is not as good as the Harmon Kardon systems I have had in previous BM’s, but is probably on par with the Meridean I had in the Fpace, albeit it was not the surround sound version.
It’s perfectly good and plenty loud enough without distorting. If I really wanted a “proper” sound system I would spec Burmester not Bose…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Speed limit indicator and lane change assist, if you can drive drop them, if you need all the help you can get keep them.

External bling, is it really necessary?

IMO cash is better spent on what you can see and use from the drivers seat.

I would have my heated steering wheel anyday over the heated seats that I have.

ACC is brilliant as is SurCam.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags