Updated (& final!) spec... turned disaster

All your ordering information here!
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

But only a limited number of demonstrators a year. If they have already taken their allocation then they can't 'buy' the spare.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6

andreas

Post by andreas »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:46 pm But only a limited number of demonstrators a year. If they have already taken their allocation then they can't 'buy' the spare.
OK, so they register it in the name of the sales manager's wife, there are loads of possibilities...
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Why would a multi million pound operation risk losing the franchise by breaking its contract? Even buying back from a flipper would have to be justified. Yes you can look to slip past the restrictions but must have a watertight case if questioned. The sales managers wife would be too close.
Currently
goron59

Post by goron59 »

pstrat wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:36 am
goron59 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:08 pm
estymasko wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:28 pm Well I am now having a nightmare!!

Sent over my updated spec to my OPC and just got a phone call to say the car is already locked down and in production :o :o :o

I was last told on 25/04 that my build slot did not have a freeze date and there was no inclination as to when it would go into production, and only decided to send over my spec today as it’s nice to have an up-to-date one on file, which prompted the call from my SE.

I was not informed of a lockdown date, not asked for final spec, and not informed that the car had gone into production. The spec on the car being built is nowhere near close to what my final spec is and missing some huge options such as leather interior, sport Chrono and surround view!!! It was just a spec my SE and I threw together quickly at the time of order, knowing I would submit final spec later.

SE says he is as shocked as I am.

What happens here? I won’t be accepting this car, obviously, and my build slot has now been used. I believe the car went into production on 5/5, so I imagine it is already built now and no strings can be pulled. Really disappointed as you can imagine :cry:
Sorry to hear that.

All too common though I'm afraid.
Knowing this (lock down can happen at any time, and often before any claimed lockdown date), I put my spec in early and often... got to 10 different amendments in the end.. I also checked the next day each time to make sure that my amendments had made it onto the system (stories of OPC not bothering to enter it into the system at all).
How do you check that the amendments have been made in the system? Other than asking the OPC if they've done it. Unless that's all you do?
I will want to do this myself when the time comes. Is there a screenshot they can provide from their system to show your spec?
I called and asked. He’d bring up the system and confirm the spec back to me, line by line.

He probably hated me after 5 or 6 changes !
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

So, update.

OPC has placed a new order for me and I’m back in the queue, with my position in the queue based on when I placed the order originally. This month’s build slot was a cancelled order anyway (which allowed me to jump the queue and reduce wait time) but it’s still gutting knowing I could have had my car next month/early July and now I’m back to “no idea”.

From my SE: “What would be your thoughts on taking the cancelled order and keeping it until the new one comes? This could work well for you as we would love to get that car back when your chosen spec car arrives?”

How does this work? Surely the car would still be in negative equity after only, say 6 months of making payments, so how could this option ever work well for me? Bit confused! Also not sure if I want to ruin the whole experience by picking up essentially half the car I want… I want the first time I see my Miami Blue S on my driveway for it to be MY car, if you know what I mean! It won’t seem exciting bringing home my car if there’s already been an identical one on the drive for months.
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

They would just roll over the loan from one car to the next. You will have had in effect a free car for the prtiod. They will then be able to sell it for £80k.
Currently
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Agree a price with them of at least what you paid for when yours arrives. You can agree a max mileage with them too.
They will make money selling you the new car and then again when they sell it as “approved used” at £7k over list when yours arrives.
My OPC is keen to take mine back and I’ve only had it a month!!
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Agree with the above comments. Get a confirmed price of them of at least what you paid and drive a car for free for a few months - surely a no-brainer!
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

estymasko wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:58 am So, update.

OPC has placed a new order for me and I’m back in the queue, with my position in the queue based on when I placed the order originally. This month’s build slot was a cancelled order anyway (which allowed me to jump the queue and reduce wait time) but it’s still gutting knowing I could have had my car next month/early July and now I’m back to “no idea”.

From my SE: “What would be your thoughts on taking the cancelled order and keeping it until the new one comes? This could work well for you as we would love to get that car back when your chosen spec car arrives?”

How does this work? Surely the car would still be in negative equity after only, say 6 months of making payments, so how could this option ever work well for me? Bit confused! Also not sure if I want to ruin the whole experience by picking up essentially half the car I want… I want the first time I see my Miami Blue S on my driveway for it to be MY car, if you know what I mean! It won’t seem exciting bringing home my car if there’s already been an identical one on the drive for months.
What negative equity? My car is 6 months old and I could sell it tomorrow for more than I paid in this market. Last offer someone made was 10% above list. So I’d say you’d be unlucky to only get your money back.
Macaning

Post by Macaning »

I say take it! , No need to be emotional here about what comes to your garage, It’s like a demo car regardless if you will make more money out of it