Updated (& final!) spec... turned disaster

All your ordering information here!
Lenlec

Post by Lenlec »

Jon A wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:31 pm
Lenlec wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:28 pm Similar happed to me last week opc told me lockdown was 15th. So I send my final build code I. Friday 13th. Only to get a response saying I can make any changes.
Minor or catastrophic difference??
Big. Wanted to change colour from silver to crayon the sales bloke didn’t seem to bothered.

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Lenlec wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:03 pm
Jon A wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:31 pm
Lenlec wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:28 pm Similar happed to me last week opc told me lockdown was 15th. So I send my final build code I. Friday 13th. Only to get a response saying I can make any changes.
Minor or catastrophic difference??
Big. Wanted to change colour from silver to crayon the sales bloke didn’t seem to bothered.
Silver looks good on a Macan, and surprisingly uncommon 👍
Would have gone with Silver if no Carmine option. Hope you got all your other options.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

What a mess - got to ask why was the sales guy not checking his orders at least once a week, heck its not like they get much foot fall to keep them occupied on weekdays.

I also suspect the factory planning in Leipzig is shuffling orders around to suit the supply chain of components - a non sport chrono , non leather build would probably work well for them.

IT's all now about how the OPC respond to their mistake, and when they can get you another build slot. Fingers crossed its not months away
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

goron59 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:08 pm
estymasko wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:28 pm Well I am now having a nightmare!!

Sent over my updated spec to my OPC and just got a phone call to say the car is already locked down and in production :o :o :o

I was last told on 25/04 that my build slot did not have a freeze date and there was no inclination as to when it would go into production, and only decided to send over my spec today as it’s nice to have an up-to-date one on file, which prompted the call from my SE.

I was not informed of a lockdown date, not asked for final spec, and not informed that the car had gone into production. The spec on the car being built is nowhere near close to what my final spec is and missing some huge options such as leather interior, sport Chrono and surround view!!! It was just a spec my SE and I threw together quickly at the time of order, knowing I would submit final spec later.

SE says he is as shocked as I am.

What happens here? I won’t be accepting this car, obviously, and my build slot has now been used. I believe the car went into production on 5/5, so I imagine it is already built now and no strings can be pulled. Really disappointed as you can imagine :cry:
Sorry to hear that.

All too common though I'm afraid.
Knowing this (lock down can happen at any time, and often before any claimed lockdown date), I put my spec in early and often... got to 10 different amendments in the end.. I also checked the next day each time to make sure that my amendments had made it onto the system (stories of OPC not bothering to enter it into the system at all).
How do you check that the amendments have been made in the system? Other than asking the OPC if they've done it. Unless that's all you do?
I will want to do this myself when the time comes. Is there a screenshot they can provide from their system to show your spec?
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

homerdog wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:51 pm
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:32 pm I would go black and add black handles despite the fact that some have cracked due to unknown factors in the past ;)
I think you'll find it's cars equipped with keyless entry that have problems with cracked handles, nothing to do with the colour!

Think it was me who mentioned to Bluesnose1812 in a different thread that black handles crack, forgot it was the keyless ones. They do show scratches up badly though.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
as7920

Post by as7920 »

I’d definitely go for the black handles on a black car. Really sets it off. Otherwise it’s a no from me.

But they’re entirely personal choice.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

estymasko wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:11 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:59 pm Did you send a build code at anytime to your SE?

Even if it was an example of what you thought you wanted and was seeking their advice.

If your answer is a yes, then I bet that is what will arrive.

Back to your query, imo keep the mirrors body coloured 1/2 and 1/2 looks cheap and tacky.
The only build on file was the one made at the OPC at the time of ordering, but I didn't even see the configurator, my SE just popped on some of the options I'd already mentioned, then told me to play around with the configurator at home and I'd be invited back to finalise spec once I had a lockdown date. I was told 3 weeks ago there was still no freeze date, and only happened to send over my updated build code today to get a new finance quote.

So the spec on the car built is measly - no leather interior, no Sport Chrono, no surround view, some painted exterior options missing. There's also some options on the build that I no longer want, like the wireless charging for example. Overall, it's not a build I'd be willing to compromise on, not even for a hefty discount. I never thought I'd be in the position to order an S over the base, so this is a dream car for me and it has to be right :(
Good grief, that makes it even worst.

Best of luck getting it sorted.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

You would like to think they'd put you to the top of the build allocation and bump everyone else down a slot. It would probably only be a week's delay to them rather than a 20 week delay for you.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:42 am You would like to think they'd put you to the top of the build allocation and bump everyone else down a slot. It would probably only be a week's delay to them rather than a 20 week delay for you.
It’s such a waste of a build slot. I imagine my OPC will have to just park it in the showroom and hope someone is desperate enough for a new car with no wait time that they’d be willing to forgo what I consider necessities, but also frustrating as the exterior spec does have most of what I want (except gloss black sideblades and the model designation in black) and I’m in a very small corner of the UK… so I just hope no one local buys it! I don’t want there to be another identical Miami blue Macan S running around town :oops:

Waiting to hear from my SE at some point today but I do expect the resolution to be a new build slot ASAP.
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
alians1109

Post by alians1109 »

That’s really really bad and I feel for you.

The SE has an obligation to resolve this immediately. I’d be sitting on their desk.

My Miami Blue S is due in 4 weeks. I’m in Dundee so won’t drive north so as to not aggregate your situation 😀

I hope you get this sorted today.
Macan S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXGPN66
Miami|Bl Lthr|Pano|Blk Rails|Blades ext. clr|Model matt blk|Air|Sports Chrono|Blk T/pipes|75l|21" Spyder (satin blk)|18" spare|Tinted Tailights|Privacy|ParkAssist|LCA|18w|GT Race tex wheel|Bose