Updated (& final!) spec... turned disaster

All your ordering information here!
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

pstrat wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:36 am
goron59 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:08 pm
estymasko wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:28 pm Well I am now having a nightmare!!

Sent over my updated spec to my OPC and just got a phone call to say the car is already locked down and in production :o :o :o

I was last told on 25/04 that my build slot did not have a freeze date and there was no inclination as to when it would go into production, and only decided to send over my spec today as it’s nice to have an up-to-date one on file, which prompted the call from my SE.

I was not informed of a lockdown date, not asked for final spec, and not informed that the car had gone into production. The spec on the car being built is nowhere near close to what my final spec is and missing some huge options such as leather interior, sport Chrono and surround view!!! It was just a spec my SE and I threw together quickly at the time of order, knowing I would submit final spec later.

SE says he is as shocked as I am.

What happens here? I won’t be accepting this car, obviously, and my build slot has now been used. I believe the car went into production on 5/5, so I imagine it is already built now and no strings can be pulled. Really disappointed as you can imagine :cry:
Sorry to hear that.

All too common though I'm afraid.
Knowing this (lock down can happen at any time, and often before any claimed lockdown date), I put my spec in early and often... got to 10 different amendments in the end.. I also checked the next day each time to make sure that my amendments had made it onto the system (stories of OPC not bothering to enter it into the system at all).
How do you check that the amendments have been made in the system? Other than asking the OPC if they've done it. Unless that's all you do?
I will want to do this myself when the time comes. Is there a screenshot they can provide from their system to show your spec?
Your OPC needs to create and send you a new order form (same as when you originally placed order and paid deposit) for you to confirm, sign and return. Old order will be cancelled and new order will be sent to the factory in Germany. Signing off a new order form is the only way to confirm your new spec. Do not verbally agree a spec change.

pstrat

Post by pstrat »

MrBaozi wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:01 pm
pstrat wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:36 am
goron59 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:08 pm

Sorry to hear that.

All too common though I'm afraid.
Knowing this (lock down can happen at any time, and often before any claimed lockdown date), I put my spec in early and often... got to 10 different amendments in the end.. I also checked the next day each time to make sure that my amendments had made it onto the system (stories of OPC not bothering to enter it into the system at all).
How do you check that the amendments have been made in the system? Other than asking the OPC if they've done it. Unless that's all you do?
I will want to do this myself when the time comes. Is there a screenshot they can provide from their system to show your spec?
Your OPC needs to create and send you a new order form (same as when you originally placed order and paid deposit) for you to confirm, sign and return. Old order will be cancelled and new order will be sent to the factory in Germany. Signing off a new order form is the only way to confirm your new spec. Do not verbally agree a spec change.
Good to know! Thanks for the insight.
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

I'm sure OPC will happily take it and put it up over list anyway!
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

They will probably ask you to register and drive it around the block so that they can mark it up. Otherwise they would be limited to list if sold as new.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Jaws wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:07 pm I'm sure OPC will happily take it and put it up over list anyway!
Ask to sell it to them at say £5k over list. You make a few Bob and so do they as they will sell for around £8k over list for approved used with a few hundred miles. 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

Jon A wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:18 pm
Jaws wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:07 pm I'm sure OPC will happily take it and put it up over list anyway!
Ask to sell it to them at say £5k over list. You make a few Bob and so do they as they will sell for around £8k over list for approved used with a few hundred miles. 👍

The problem doing this the dealer will no longer be obliged to find a new build slot as OP has accepted the car. Ofc if the OP is willing to wait 12 - 18 months quoted for a new car.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

MrBaozi wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:31 am
Jon A wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:18 pm

The problem doing this the dealer will no longer be obliged to find a new build slot as OP has accepted the car. Ofc if the OP is willing to wait 12 - 18 months quoted for a new car.
I’m suggesting it be part of the negotiation in order to reimburse for the embuggerance factor. It might incentivise them to go the extra yard as they get a new and used sale in one hit?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
andreas

Post by andreas »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:03 pm They will probably ask you to register and drive it around the block so that they can mark it up. Otherwise they would be limited to list if sold as new.
Or they could just register it themselves and sell it as ex-demo with a mark-up.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

If they were allowed to do that then there wouldn't be a confuserator. All cars would be dealer demos selling at whatever price they could gouge us for.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
andreas

Post by andreas »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:37 pm If they were allowed to do that then there wouldn't be a confuserator. All cars would be dealer demos selling at whatever price they could gouge us for.
But they are allowed to do it.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)