Updated (& final!) spec... turned disaster

All your ordering information here!
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

estymasko wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:28 pm Well I am now having a nightmare!!

Sent over my updated spec to my OPC and just got a phone call to say the car is already locked down and in production :o :o :o

I was last told on 25/04 that my build slot did not have a freeze date and there was no inclination as to when it would go into production, and only decided to send over my spec today as it’s nice to have an up-to-date one on file, which prompted the call from my SE.

I was not informed of a lockdown date, not asked for final spec, and not informed that the car had gone into production. The spec on the car being built is nowhere near close to what my final spec is and missing some huge options such as leather interior, sport Chrono and surround view!!! It was just a spec my SE and I threw together quickly at the time of order, knowing I would submit final spec later.

SE says he is as shocked as I am.

What happens here? I won’t be accepting this car, obviously, and my build slot has now been used. I believe the car went into production on 5/5, so I imagine it is already built now and no strings can be pulled. Really disappointed as you can imagine :cry:
This is unacceptable!! Another member on here (I will leave them to ID themselves if they want) sent an updated spec which was in time but the OPC failed to apply it!
The car arrived two weeks ago missing everything and he rejected it. The OPC did admit the mistake and magically conjured up a new build date for July 🤔
He will wait another two months but interesting what can be achieved when fault is with the OPC. I would suggest that you officially complain to the dealer principle as they should be advising you of lockdown date.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

estymasko

Post by estymasko »

Jon A wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:35 pm

Sent over my updated spec to my OPC and just got a phone call to say the car is already locked down and in production :o :o :o

I was last told on 25/04 that my build slot did not have a freeze date and there was no inclination as to when it would go into production, and only decided to send over my spec today as it’s nice to have an up-to-date one on file, which prompted the call from my SE.

I was not informed of a lockdown date, not asked for final spec, and not informed that the car had gone into production. The spec on the car being built is nowhere near close to what my final spec is and missing some huge options such as leather interior, sport Chrono and surround view!!! It was just a spec my SE and I threw together quickly at the time of order, knowing I would submit final spec later.

What happens here? I won’t be accepting this car, obviously, and my build slot has now been used. I believe the car went into production on 5/5, so I imagine it is already built now and no strings can be pulled. Really disappointed as you can imagine :cry:
This is unacceptable!! Another member on here (I will leave them to ID themselves if they want) sent an updated spec which was in time but the OPC failed to apply it!
The car arrived two weeks ago missing everything and he rejected it. The OPC did admit the mistake and magically conjured up a new build date for July 🤔
He will wait another two months but interesting what can be achieved when fault is with the OPC. I would suggest that you officially complain to the dealer principle as they should be advising you of lockdown date.
I’m just shocked at how the car went from having no freeze date on 25/4 to being in production the following week on 5/5!!! Production is clearly ramping up again at the factory, which is great, but not for me who had absolutely zero notice. Even the SE was not aware, and he only noticed when he went to update my spec, so I imagine if I hadn’t emailed today I wouldn’t have found out until I got the “your car is here!” phone call.

My SE is the sales manager at my OPC so says he will say what he can do and will get back in touch tomorrow, but I imagine the only thing he can possibly do is grab me the next available build slot.
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Blimey! :shock:

Am sure in the current market, they’ll quickly find a buyer for the car that’s just been built.

They need to pull every possible string to somehow get you a fresh slot ASAP, from this OPC or any others that may be in their group... :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Sorry to hear that.

All too common though I'm afraid.
Knowing this (lock down can happen at any time, and often before any claimed lockdown date), I put my spec in early and often... got to 10 different amendments in the end.. I also checked the next day each time to make sure that my amendments had made it onto the system (stories of OPC not bothering to enter it into the system at all).
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

estymasko wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:44 pm
Jon A wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:35 pm

I’m just shocked at how the car went from having no freeze date on 25/4 to being in production the following week on 5/5!!! Production is clearly ramping up again at the factory, which is great, but not for me who had absolutely zero notice. Even the SE was not aware, and he only noticed when he went to update my spec, so I imagine if I hadn’t emailed today I wouldn’t have found out until I got the “your car is here!” phone call.

My SE is the sales manager at my OPC so says he will say what he can do and will get back in touch tomorrow, but I imagine the only thing he can possibly do is grab me the next available build slot.
Which OPC??
homerdog

Post by homerdog »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:32 pm I would go black and add black handles despite the fact that some have cracked due to unknown factors in the past ;)
I think you'll find it's cars equipped with keyless entry that have problems with cracked handles, nothing to do with the colour!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Did you send a build code at anytime to your SE?

Even if it was an example of what you thought you wanted and was seeking their advice.

If your answer is a yes, then I bet that is what will arrive.

Back to your query, imo keep the mirrors body coloured 1/2 and 1/2 looks cheap and tacky.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:59 pm Did you send a build code at anytime to your SE?

Even if it was an example of what you thought you wanted and was seeking their advice.

If your answer is a yes, then I bet that is what will arrive.

Back to your query, imo keep the mirrors body coloured 1/2 and 1/2 looks cheap and tacky.
The only build on file was the one made at the OPC at the time of ordering, but I didn't even see the configurator, my SE just popped on some of the options I'd already mentioned, then told me to play around with the configurator at home and I'd be invited back to finalise spec once I had a lockdown date. I was told 3 weeks ago there was still no freeze date, and only happened to send over my updated build code today to get a new finance quote.

So the spec on the car built is measly - no leather interior, no Sport Chrono, no surround view, some painted exterior options missing. There's also some options on the build that I no longer want, like the wireless charging for example. Overall, it's not a build I'd be willing to compromise on, not even for a hefty discount. I never thought I'd be in the position to order an S over the base, so this is a dream car for me and it has to be right :(
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
Lenlec

Post by Lenlec »

Similar happed to me last week opc told me lockdown was 15th. So I send my final build code I. Friday 13th. Only to get a response saying I can make any changes.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Lenlec wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:28 pm Similar happed to me last week opc told me lockdown was 15th. So I send my final build code I. Friday 13th. Only to get a response saying I can make any changes.
Minor or catastrophic difference??