It’s worth doing for any level of experience
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Makanik wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:48 am
PorscheMack wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:35 am Can I pass/sell on PEC day?

I don’t think so. Out of interest, why do you want to give it a miss?
I don't think the inconvenience of visiting the circuit etc.. will be compensated by the driving experience. Or in other words "I'm a lazy sod!!" ☺
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Rarecolour wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:06 am
as7920 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:02 pm I presume that’s instead of the PEC day we have.

Pretty sure other countries have PEC days. I know USA do, but some have to travel rediculously far to use it.

Anyone know which countries do have access to a PEC day?

There are nine PECs now, after the Tokyo one opened last year. (Germany and USA both have two.) :geek:

69C273FC-9566-4C31-90C3-625E56C66FFE.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

PorscheMack wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:14 am
Makanik wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:48 am
PorscheMack wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:35 am Can I pass/sell on PEC day?

I don’t think so. Out of interest, why do you want to give it a miss?
I don't think the inconvenience of visiting the circuit etc.. will be compensated by the driving experience. Or in other words "I'm a lazy sod!!" ☺
I did the PEC thing a couple of weeks ago. Its really worth doing. Excellent food, excellent instructors and really good fun. Its worth it for the Kick-Plate alone.
as7920

Post by as7920 »

Taking my eldest (need to be at least 16) as a free guest and paid a few quid extra for my Father in law (who also owns a Macan 20 base) to tag along.

Funnily enough I received my (delayed) original email a few days after booking and it says if you were to pay for the experience it would be £475.

Quite a nice gift. BMW charges a few quid for the privilege.

Car is online, done 16 miles already and I'll be collecting Saturday! Woohoo.
Deleted User 4752

as7920 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:44 am Taking my eldest (need to be at least 16) as a free guest and paid a few quid extra for my Father in law (who also owns a Macan 20 base) to tag along.

Funnily enough I received my (delayed) original email a few days after booking and it says if you were to pay for the experience it would be £475.

I took my son. He’s 22 so they let us share the driving. You’re in the car for about 2 hrs, so they let us alternate for 30 min slots. A word of warning…i was fine with all of it apart from the launch control and breaking part. Its just staggering how quickly and controllably a Macan will stop from 100mph BUT doing it repeatedly made me feel sick. Fortunately it was right at the end of my last turn, and we just handed over so my son could drive else it may have put a damper on the otherwise excellent day.

Make sure anyone that wants to drive takes a valid and up-to-date driving license. They do check
as7920

Post by as7920 »

THHGTTG wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:15 am
as7920 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:44 am Taking my eldest (need to be at least 16) as a free guest and paid a few quid extra for my Father in law (who also owns a Macan 20 base) to tag along.

I took my son. He’s 22 so they let us share the driving. You’re in the car for about 2 hrs, so they let us alternate for 30 min slots. A word of warning…i was fine with all of it apart from the launch control and breaking part. Its just staggering how quickly and controllably a Macan will stop from 100mph BUT doing it repeatedly made me feel sick. Fortunately it was right at the end of my last turn, and we just handed over so my son could drive else it may have put a damper on the otherwise excellent day.

Make sure anyone that wants to drive takes a valid and up-to-date driving license. They do check
He's still learning so I'm not sure they will let him loose just yet!

Good shout though, wasn't aware you could share and my FiL may want a go.
Deleted User 4752

as7920 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:21 am

He's still learning so I'm not sure they will let him loose just yet!

Good shout though, wasn't aware you could share and my FiL may want a go.
They don’t tell you in advance that they let you share, but just let them know when you sign in and show both drivers licenses and they are very accommodating. You’ll have to tell the instructor too and let him know you both signed the waiver docs.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:51 am
Rarecolour wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:06 am
as7920 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:02 pm I presume that’s instead of the PEC day we have.

Pretty sure other countries have PEC days. I know USA do, but some have to travel rediculously far to use it.

Anyone know which countries do have access to a PEC day?

There are nine PECs now, after the Tokyo one opened last year. (Germany and USA both have two.) :geek:
Top work Simon 👍🏻
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
pmg

Post by pmg »

Did you do the brake test just after the kick plate that throws the back of the car? The effect of the two tests can build up

I was ok with the acceleration and the brake test but after the kick plate test with all safety systems turned off producing 360-degree rotations and the instructor taking me three times in turn to that section due to capacity elsewhere, I did feel a bit queasy
Last edited by pmg on Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8