Extending Porsche warranty - worth ringing around OPC s for quotes?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

OPC Porsche warranty on my 2017 Macan expires in July and have decided to extend. Does anyone know is it worth ringing around different OPC for quotes or is the price the same at all of them?

Thxs in advance for guidance and suggestions.

C

pmg

Post by pmg »

Connoisseur wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:10 pm OPC Porsche warranty on my 2017 Macan expires in July and have decided to extend. Does anyone know is it worth ringing around different OPC for quotes or is the price the same at all of them?

Thxs in advance for guidance and suggestions.

C
My understanding the price is fixed nationally as valid at all OPC's. I assume the OPC is paid some "commission" for the sale so in theory a negotiation may get some of that refunded but I am not aware of anyone doing it.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

I was in your place 2 months ago… I called Tonbridge as well as Guildford… prices were exactly the same.
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

Fixed prices from memory £800ish or £1500 for 2 years. You can add assistance and actually up to 3 years warranty.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

IMORTAL_Indian wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:44 pm I was in your place 2 months ago… I called Tonbridge as well as Guildford… prices were exactly the same.
Have you renewed it? What was involved? I'll have an expiring warranty at the end of August and want to be prepared. Ta.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

Thanks all for the info and guidance. I now have three OPC sending in quotes so will report back on any differences😉

The process explained to me, though it does seem to differ in detail is as follows:

Email to OPC service dept:
*photo of car odo showing current mileage
*V5 first two pages ( I edited out the unique number)
*Driving licence/date of birth - one OPC wanted DL other two just asked for date of birth

Tell them if you want Porsche Assist included and how many years cover, 1,2 or 3
They’ll send you price, you pay. 1 yr circa £800/2 yrs circa £1400 etc.

One OPC told me that my car hadn’t had the PDK oil change done with the 40k major service carried out last year, so would need to pay to get that done before they could extend the warranty.

Seemed a bit put out when I pointed out that they had done the PDK oil change for me and asked could they please add the work to the car’s service record before it caused me any issues😅 doh!

So will get it sorted in the next few days. If , as advised here, no difference in price, then will extend at the nearest OPC to me.
Last edited by Connoisseur on Wed May 18, 2022 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Neil1911 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:45 pm
IMORTAL_Indian wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:44 pm I was in your place 2 months ago… I called Tonbridge as well as Guildford… prices were exactly the same.
Have you renewed it? What was involved? I'll have an expiring warranty at the end of August and want to be prepared. Ta.
If OPC service history up to date and still in existing guarantee, then additional payment. my OPC did want to give the car a check over.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

All three OPC explained that, with s/h up to date and existing warranty in place, they don’t want to see the car/the 111 point check no longer applies hth
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Yes, very useful, thanks!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Extended my DS for three years, the back end of last year, with Porsche Assist. I tried to negotiate, but no go, the price is fixed. Good luck with that one. And they are all the same.
Also had to go through the palarva, of photo shot of speedo etc. But then all went smoothly.