Running in, please pass?

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
as7920

Post by as7920 »

Wing Commander wrote: ↑Thu May 19, 2022 6:21 am
Old Chimer wrote: ↑Wed May 18, 2022 9:45 pm
Wing Commander wrote: ↑Wed May 18, 2022 8:38 pm

Have just downloaded the 2022 Macan version. Here you go. :)
Weird. I have the app but even searching for 'running' returns no result. Thanks again πŸ‘πŸ»

It’s hidden near the end of the first chapter; see below. :)
Cheers. Found it.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

as7920 wrote: ↑Thu May 19, 2022 8:51 am
Wing Commander wrote: ↑Thu May 19, 2022 6:21 am
Old Chimer wrote: ↑Wed May 18, 2022 9:45 pm

Weird. I have the app but even searching for 'running' returns no result. Thanks again πŸ‘πŸ»

It’s hidden near the end of the first chapter; see below. :)
Cheers. Found it.

πŸ‘
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Wing Commander wrote: ↑Thu May 19, 2022 6:21 am It’s hidden near the end of the first chapter; see below. :)
Okay, got it, thanks πŸ‘πŸ» Strange that it's not found by the search function.
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Whilst hell will freeze over before I use my Macan to tow anything, a few thoughts to add to the advice so far.

Definitely make sure you've covered a couple of hundred miles without the caravan to allow brakes and tyres to bed in.

I don't know where your holiday is but try and avoid long downhill stretches where you're holding the rig back on engine and/or brakes. You're more at risk of accidentally over revving the engine or overheating the brakes in this scenario.

The transmission will not let the engine labour under normal conditions so the only time you might need to use the paddles is on a gradient stuck behind one of those annoying people who tow caravans at 40-50mph (though I'm sure you will be more sympathetic to them than I am).

Just remember to allow sufficient space between you and the vehicle in front to allow the Macan trying to get passed the mobile traffic jam to pull in :lol: :lol: .
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

On-Track wrote: ↑Thu May 19, 2022 9:16 am Whilst hell will freeze over before I use my Macan to tow anything, a few thoughts to add to the advice so far.

Definitely make sure you've covered a couple of hundred miles without the caravan to allow brakes and tyres to bed in.

I don't know where your holiday is but try and avoid long downhill stretches where you're holding the rig back on engine and/or brakes. You're more at risk of accidentally over revving the engine or overheating the brakes in this scenario.

The transmission will not let the engine labour under normal conditions so the only time you might need to use the paddles is on a gradient stuck behind one of those annoying people who tow caravans at 40-50mph (though I'm sure you will be more sympathetic to them than I am).

Just remember to allow sufficient space between you and the vehicle in front to allow the Macan trying to get passed the mobile traffic jam to pull in :lol: :lol: .
...and DON'T sound you horn at them when they do, it's sure to have been a safe and even, possibly legal, manoeuvre!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

On-Track wrote: ↑Thu May 19, 2022 9:16 am Whilst hell will freeze over before I use my Macan to tow anything, a few thoughts to add to the advice so far.

Thanks Peter.

I've towed caravans, boats and trailers for 30+ years, covering well over 20,000 miles in the process, so am reasonably experienced. I also like to think I'm considerate of other road users when towing, and certainly don't allow myself to become a mobile roadblock (at least not for long) as I too know what it's like to be stuck behind such. Leaving a gap for overtakers to slot into is just one of several ways of avoiding such situations, though there are not too many single-carriageway roads on which I'd likely be towing that I cannot normally maintain a pace close to the speed limit. I'm sure the same will be the case with the Macan once run in ;)
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

17 days after collecting the Macan, I'm happy to report that we're safely back on the South coast from our trip to Cumbria. Managed almost 300 miles before hitching up the 'van and heading north, and the odometer now read 1360 miles covered, 750 of which were towing. Suffice to say, what a tow car!

20220629_143854.jpg

Edited to add: Average consumption towing was 19.8 mpg.
Deleted User 4749

Post by Deleted User 4749 »

Old Chimer wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:42 pm 17 days after collecting the Macan, I'm happy to report that we're safely back on the South coast from our trip to Cumbria. Managed almost 300 miles before hitching up the 'van and heading north, and the odometer now read 1360 miles covered, 750 of which were towing. Suffice to say, what a tow car!

20220629_143854.jpg

great picture...your mpg was also far better than I would have thought....much effect on the 0-60 time?? :D

Joking apart where you able to rig a power supply to your fridge when towing?
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

HPC Eddy wrote: ↑Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:36 pm
Old Chimer wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:42 pm 17 days after collecting the Macan, I'm happy to report that we're safely back on the South coast from our trip to Cumbria. Managed almost 300 miles before hitching up the 'van and heading north, and the odometer now read 1360 miles covered, 750 of which were towing. Suffice to say, what a tow car!

20220629_143854.jpg

great picture...your mpg was also far better than I would have thought....much effect on the 0-60 time?? :D

Joking apart where you able to rig a power supply to your fridge when towing?
Hi Eddy, yes, the consumption was as good as I'd dare hope. Obviously the vast majority of the towing was on motorway and trunk roads, and I kept to around 60mph for the most part, but I can live with that mileage.

Didn't bother about rigging a supply to the fridge. Had it on hook-up before we left and bunged some ice blocks in to help keep it cool while we travelled. Just meant we couldn't have anything frozen in the ice box.