Michelin Latitude Tour HP replaced after 46k!

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
MCS

Post by MCS »

After 5.25 years and 46,000 miles I finally changed all 4 tyres for my Macan S Diesel - for exactly the same tyres once again! I was contemplating Michelin Latitude Sport 3 and then looked at Pirelli P Zeros. Obviously wanted NO / Porsche fitment and couldn't find many places that the mixed tyre size Michelin Latitude Tour HP M &S tyres set up the Macan has. At just over £1000 fully fitted - there wasn't much difference compared to the cheaper Pirelli's and others. Just hoping I can get at least another 46,000 miles out of them on the trusty V6 diesel. Anyone else ditch their OEM Michelin Latitude Tours HP for anything else? PS I am sure they will last longer than the Goodyear Eagle 3's fitted to the new 992 GTS we have recently picked up - was hoping they had Michelin tyres though....!

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

46,000 on original tyres.

Do you drive like Miss Daisy?

That is some mileage.

Only managed 22,000 with my Michelin’s.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MCS

Post by MCS »

Not at all - but mostly motorway miles! I am still surprised by the Michelins hence wanted to get exactly the same tyres again! I heard from some to moved to Pirelli's / Continental's / Dunlop's a big drop in mileage - not sure if heresay or true
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

MCS wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:34 pm Not at all - but mostly motorway miles! I am still surprised by the Michelins hence wanted to get exactly the same tyres again! I heard from some to moved to Pirelli's / Continental's / Dunlop's a big drop in mileage - not sure if heresay or true
True. Generally summer pattern tyres on the Macan do about half the mileage of the Latitude Tour HP [all season] which is known for its exceptional long life. I know of another Macan with these fitted that did 42,000 miles before needing to change. That included mixed roads driving, but not a lot of motorway use, and some towing with a heavy trailer.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I got 35,000 from mine and could have gone a bit further but changed all 4 before MOT.

Great tyres :D :D
MCS

Post by MCS »

On balance I think they suit the Macan S perfectly! On performance cars I am sure summer tyres specifically from Pirelli are superb.
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

That's unheard of these days. I replaced all four with Latitude N0 a few weeks ago. 871 GBP fitted Kwik Fit. Wish I'd tried the Cross-Climate now!!
Merc A200d - Macan SD - Audi TT - Golf GTD MK8
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

MTUK wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:48 pm That's unheard of these days. I replaced all four with Latitude N0 a few weeks ago. 871 GBP fitted Kwik Fit. Wish I'd tried the Cross-Climate now!!
The Cross Climate are not N-rated. So if you have an official Porsche warranty they would invalidate it.
Steve

MTUK

Post by MTUK »

SAC1 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:56 pm
MTUK wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:48 pm That's unheard of these days. I replaced all four with Latitude N0 a few weeks ago. 871 GBP fitted Kwik Fit. Wish I'd tried the Cross-Climate now!!
The Cross Climate are not N-rated. So if you have an official Porsche warranty they would invalidate it.
I let the warranty expire so could have gone for those. Regardless, I do rater Michelin higher than Cont or PZERO.... for longevity
Merc A200d - Macan SD - Audi TT - Golf GTD MK8
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

MTUK wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:09 pm
SAC1 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:56 pm
I let the warranty expire so could have gone for those. Regardless, I do rater Michelin higher than Cont or PZERO.... for longevity
If you are on 20" or 21" then no Cross Climate Macan fitments are available and I don't think they do in 18" or 19" either.
Steve