MY23 GTS Copper Ruby Metallic lock in help

All your ordering information here!
azmj

Post by azmj »

Evening chaps,

After waiting what seems an eternity and countless plays on the configurator I will be going in to lock in my specification for my wife's GTS.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4DA2D4

I have had to trim some options down due to the model year change as I won't get any price protection.
Copper ruby metallic - hoping the OPC have a sample.
Things we are unsure of:
Interior colour - Shall I go plain black leather or stick with the black & Bordeaux?
We have two young children and this is the reason we have ruled out extended leather - as it is bound to get damaged with scuffs etc and just not worth the headache. We are both happy with the standard seats following tests in an S and GTS.
Wheels - RS spyder in silver does look rather good but does not flow with the rest of the car
PDLS+ - We live in a semi rural area so lighting is key so chose the best lights - but I keep reading the auto dimming is not great - I am yet to experience this in my GT4 purely because I am yet to drive it at night- can any of you share your thoughts on this?

Anything I should consider removing or strongly consider adding?

Cheers
2022 Macan GTS Copper Ruby
2022 Cayman GT4 PDK GT Silver
2022 VW ID3 Family Pro Performance Moonstone

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Looks better than I thought with red interior with copper ruby - nice.
Not sure about you trimming some options for price protection but then spending £261 on a coloured key though… 😂
Looks nicely specced to me but I have an S. Other folks on here with GTS’s will have a better view 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
azmj

Post by azmj »

Jon A wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:00 pm Looks better than I thought with red interior with copper ruby - nice.
Not sure about you trimming some options for price protection but then spending £261 on a coloured key though… 😂
Looks nicely specced to me but I have an S. Other folks on here with GTS’s will have a better view 👍
Thanks.
Your right about the painted key although they look so bloody good! I don’t have any price protection because of the model year change so the car I originally wanted is now a lot more due to the two price increases since ordering.
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

It’s you car so very personal choice.

If you want to save some pounds the. I’d delete items in this order

Painted key
Crested armrest
Aluminium look petrol cap - its plastic, and your wife probably wont notice it
Lane keep assist
Dimming mirrors

With two young children i can understand the storage pack, albeit the nets hold very little and the underseat storage is for sunglasses or very small items only.

No rear side airbags specified ?
Last edited by Percymon on Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Have you worked out what the price difference delta comes too? You might be surprised.

Some options have reduced in price, and some have been removed to become standard equipment.

So despite the base price rising by £2.5k-odd, my build had risen by only £1.4k-odd by the time all the above had been taken into account.

That £1.4k represents 1.87% on a car that costs £75k - so you may as well just spec the things you want.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

azmj wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:38 pm Evening chaps,

After waiting what seems an eternity and countless plays on the configurator I will be going in to lock in my specification for my wife's GTS.

I have had to trim some options down due to the model year change as I won't get any price protection.
Things we are unsure of:
Interior colour - Shall I go plain black leather or stick with the black & Bordeaux?
We have two young children and this is the reason we have ruled out extended leather - as it is bound to get damaged with scuffs etc and just not worth the headache. We are both happy with the standard seats following tests in an S and GTS.
Wheels - RS spyder in silver does look rather good but does not flow with the rest of the car
PDLS+ - We live in a semi rural area so lighting is key so chose the best lights - but I keep reading the auto dimming is not great - I am yet to experience this in my GT4 purely because I am yet to drive it at night- can any of you share your thoughts on this?

Cheers
Was the colour choice yours or the wife's?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Copper Ruby Metallic (you want to change your Subject header) is an acquired taste. The more so with a red interior. So do check it out before you commit.

The standard 8-way seats are great. Again just check that they work for you and your regular front seat passenger.

Agree with Percymon to drop all those options.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
azmj

Post by azmj »

Percymon wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:54 am It’s you car so very personal choice.

If you want to save some pounds the. I’d delete items in this order

Painted key
Crested armrest
Aluminium look petrol cap - its plastic, and your wife probably wont notice it
Lane keep assist
Dimming mirrors

With two young children i can understand the storage pack, albeit the nets hold very little and the underseat storage is for sunglasses or very small items only.

No rear side airbags specified ?
I need clarification on the rear side airbags as I have read some posts online suggesting they interfere with child seats - if they don’t then I will be selecting that option for sure.

Thanks for pointing that out about the filler cap! I thought it was real :(
azmj

Post by azmj »

Plyphon wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:58 am Have you worked out what the price difference delta comes too? You might be surprised.

Some options have reduced in price, and some have been removed to become standard equipment.

So despite the base price rising by £2.5k-odd, my build had risen by only £1.4k-odd by the time all the above had been taken into account.

That £1.4k represents 1.87% on a car that costs £75k - so you may as well just spec the things you want.
Mine is a lot more than that as I ordered last September.
azmj

Post by azmj »

PorscheMack wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:10 am
azmj wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:38 pm Evening chaps,

Things we are unsure of:

Cheers
Was the colour choice yours or the wife's?
It was both of ours although I am more tempted by Dolomite Silver - that’s what we would have ordered if the new colour was not available.