Some people appreciate a Porsche

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Jon A wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:36 pm
TK421 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:32 pm FFS. Pitch forks are out and the mob is gathering.
Question, did you double park it as well 😂
There is a tendency for sanctimonious drivel on here sometimes… 🙄
I did notice that when I first joined the forum.
People are very easily excitable that’s for sure.
Unfortunately it’s Happening everywhere.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

TK421 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:42 pm
TK421 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:32 pm FFS. Pitch forks are out and the mob is gathering.
Question, did you double park it as well 😂
Yeah, probably not a great idea to park in disabled bay but it’s not exactly crime of the century, and he was told to by the car park attendant so…
I imagine everyone live perfect lives 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Jon A wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:46 pm
TK421 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:42 pm

Yeah, probably not a great idea to park in disabled bay but it’s not exactly crime of the century, and he was told to by the car park attendant so…
I imagine everyone live perfect lives 😂
+1
Macan S MY 2023
Nella

Post by Nella »

I wasn’t being sanctimonious but commenting as I have elderly parents who still both drive but are disabled and have had to park away from hospital entrances when there have been no bays available.
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

Definitely will not add anything to the Forum in future as so many people missed the point that my Macan has received a number of very positive comments from non Porsche owners.
I have been a member on here since January 2015 and have found it very useful but at times some of the comments make me wonder which planet some of the members live on .
VERY LAST COMMENT. I was allowed to park in a disabled space by the guys in charge of policing the area and who were out trying to squeeze as many cars as possible into a very overcrowded car park with cars parked everywhere outside the normal bays. they were trying to be helpful and so i managed to get to my appointment on time . Give them some credit for using some common sense to help .
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Nella wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:09 am I wasn’t being sanctimonious but commenting as I have elderly parents who still both drive but are disabled and have had to park away from hospital entrances when there have been no bays available.
We need to find out if they were due to visit that particular hospital on ‘the day the selfish Macan owner parked in the disabled bay authorised by the even more selfish parking attendant’ . Let’s hope they weren’t, let’s also hope they weren’t traveling in 3 cars as well as there would of only been 3 empty bays for them to park in. Let’s direct all our frustrations and vent anger at others for the things that haven’t gone right in our lives or actually weren’t even a problem if the first place.

In other news, I also have elderly parents and uncles who are registered for disability, I personally drop them off at the doors then go find a safe place to park. Or I ask the parking attendant (slip him a couple of quid) if I can double park (sideways no less) in the disabled bays as I have a really, really nice car ;)

Life’s far too short and people are far too angry.

I thought this thread was a nice titbit of a story until it got crapped on for no apparent reason.

Peace and love guys ❤️
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

TK421

Post by TK421 »

Jonnyw wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:42 am Definitely will not add anything to the Forum in future as so many people missed the point that my Macan has received a number of very positive comments from non Porsche owners.
I have been a member on here since January 2015 and have found it very useful but at times some of the comments make me wonder which planet some of the members live on .
VERY LAST COMMENT. I was allowed to park in a disabled space by the guys in charge of policing the area and who were out trying to squeeze as many cars as possible into a very overcrowded car park with cars parked everywhere outside the normal bays. they were trying to be helpful and so i managed to get to my appointment on time . Give them some credit for using some common sense to help .
Don’t rise to the bait fella, worlds full of oddities. But there’s still plenty of us realists left in the world.
I also hear you regarding some of the responses on here, I was beginning to think it’s a ‘Porsche owner’ thing?
Hope not as my ownership will be very short lived as I simply don’t subscribe to that BS behaviour.
You’re Welcome to post anything you like on my threads anytime mate.
Chin up, best of British chap ;)
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Jonnyw wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:42 am Definitely will not add anything to the Forum in future as so many people missed the point that my Macan has received a number of very positive comments from non Porsche owners.
Take no notice Jonny, had exactly the same happen when getting a booster jab. Car park was full and the several attendants ushered me in saying “best car we’ve seen this morning when are you going to get the top coat” Cheeky blinders😏 There we’re 10 empty bays.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

I think most Macan drivers are grumpy old men ... there I said it 'ageist' and 'sexist' :D

I was in Teignmouth on the Jubilee weekend and pulled into a gap between parked cars to let the oncoming vehicle through. Lady pulled up next to me and gestured to speak ... 'I thought great, she's ready to have a go at me for god knows what'. She then grinned and said 'Im about to buy one of these can you tell me what you think ...' at which point I grinned back and she said 'Well that says it all'.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Which ones are the disabled bays?

Usually when I go to a shop or something I tend to park in the blue ones, they're always free - absolutely massive - and right by the front door. No idea why no one else uses them but I'm not going to question it!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94