Cancelled Orders

All your ordering information here!
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Allocation slots seem to be coming through based on members on here. It seems if you ordered between September last year to about Feb 22, a slot has now been assigned for an S.

Do you think this could be, in part, due to quite a few people cancelling their orders? With petrol going up and up and a lot of uncertainty ahead, I wonder how many people have cancelled or reconsidered. I doubt you would get an honest answer from an OPC.

I always get twitchy just before a big financial commitment and i have 10 days to lock in! :roll: :roll:

pstrat

Post by pstrat »

You'll never get an answer like that from an OPC. Guess its possible people could have cancelled though.

I welcome as many cancellations as possible if it means getting my allocation sooner :D

I don't personally think there's much need to cancel. Yes petrol has gone up but so have used car prices. If you cancel the Macan what are you getting instead? is it that much more efficient and fun? If its electric, then charging prices are only going one way too.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Don’t assume cancellations mean you get your car any quicker. I got my car in about 6 weeks as it was a cancellation order - OPC offered it to me as an alternative to a used car I was looking at - they didn’t bump everyone in the queue up…
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

There are and will always be cancelled orders, it just happens for whatever reasons.

One thing for sure, Porsche has no problems selling cars.

If you have 10 days before lockdown then your OPC will have a build date for you and so they should share that with you.

If they do not have a build date there is no need to lockdown.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

The cost of petrol is not going to make anyone cancel their order. If you can't afford the fuel why order a Porsche in the first place and if money is going to be tight then take it and sell it back for an extra £5k
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Deleted User 3546

Post by Deleted User 3546 »

I agree. We don’t do so many miles any more, so we thought feck it and ordered a petrol Macan whilst we still can. I think there will be strong demand long after they cease production.

I’m loving cheap motoring right now, but my electricity tariff will be going up by at least 50% in August. They’ve got us over a barrel which ever option you choose.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Spoke to my dealer yesterday as we start to put Taycan orders in

They have orders for over 60 electric macans but they expect that to drop away as people realise this is initially turbo replacement and will therefore be £80k plus !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
pmg

Post by pmg »

Tracky wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:45 pm Spoke to my dealer yesterday as we start to put Taycan orders in

They have orders for over 60 electric macans but they expect that to drop away as people realise this is initially turbo replacement and will therefore be £80k plus !
Anybody that did not realise that deserves to chucked off the list anyway. The more interesting question has anyone tried to put down a deposit for an early Macan EV S expected a year later sometime in 2024.2024 S to be about £80k

I am actually expecting a reasonably specked Turbo EV to be nearer £100k and a reasonably specked 2024 Ev S to be about £80K
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Yes, I've tried but was told to wait until it's announced, so made it clear I'm definitely interested when the time comes.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
pmg

Post by pmg »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:40 pm Yes, I've tried but was told to wait until it's announced, so made it clear I'm definitely interested when the time comes.
I suspect the attitude to that varies with OPC's, my current one only deposits for announced cars, others will grab any money going.....
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8