Sat Nav

All your ordering information here!
Pookie

Post by Pookie »

Hi Guys, I see in some other threads, that there are pro's and cons for adding or not, sat nav. I have been advised by SA to add this due to resale/PX being better with it,( I rarely use sat nav on my Evoque). Do any others have any experience of not specing it and the effect that it has on future value/desirability?
Macan SD 01/05/15
Macan GTS 01/09/16
BMW X101/11/17 :roll:
Cayman 718 bought 01/03/19
Macan 2 litre 27/08/2020

Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Hi Guys, I see in some other threads, that there are pro's and cons for adding or not, sat nav. I have been advised by SA to add this due to resale/PX being better with it,( I rarely use sat nav on my Evoque). Do any others have any experience of not specing it and the effect that it has on future value/desirability?

I got it on mine as I'd rather have something integrated in the car than something stuck on the screen even if its not the best system out there. I'm told that a non Sat Nav car is worth less than one with but since it costs 2K to buy I think that probably cancels any loss out. At the end of the day buy the car with the kit that you want and above all enjoy it.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Paul

Post by Paul »

You will get as many for as against I suspect.
Personally I am speccing, I use my current nav a bit so will get benefit from spending £2K (which should already be on the car in most opinions) but I tend to agree with the resale P/X argument; even if you only get back a proportion of the cost it will make re-sale easier ( one potential objection overcome)
Paul2015-01-17 18:28:18
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
dereksharpuk

Post by dereksharpuk »

It is not cheap but I aways fit Sat Nav (PCM). It is very good and still works in the Mont Blanc tunnel... a Tom Tom does not.
White diesel Macan, Arrived early Dec 14
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

It is not cheap but I aways fit Sat Nav (PCM). It is very good and still works in the Mont Blanc tunnel... a Tom Tom does not.

Not sure you'll need sat nav in the Mont Blanc, you can only go 1 of 2 ways Wink
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Chris s

Post by Chris s »

I had the same dilema when ordering mine.

In the end I ticked the box and since having it am pleased I did.

Sure a Tom Tom Garmin or phone may do a slighty better job, but on the Macan you have 2 screen options, and given the main screen is way bigger than the options its a lot safer to use.

Finally on a Car like the Macan I would have felt something was always 'missing' whilst driving the car.

Gleneagles

Post by Gleneagles »

In my opinion, having been there, done it and worn the T shirt, I would never own a vehicle of this calibre without factory fitted Nav.
I bought an early X5 without Nav because it looked value for money, but when I wanted to part with it, no one was interested and it was worth a lot less than the £2K investment.
Macan S Diesel on order May 13th 2014
www.porsche-code.com/PFUPJFF9
Delivered 29/04/2015
Pookie

Post by Pookie »

Thanks for the input guys, I was concerned that the SA was getting me to add, to improve his margin and ease the sale when I get my 2nd. That's if I ever get my 1stAngryWink
Macan SD 01/05/15
Macan GTS 01/09/16
BMW X101/11/17 :roll:
Cayman 718 bought 01/03/19
Macan 2 litre 27/08/2020
David B

Post by David B »

Not sure you'll need sat nav in the Mont Blanc, you can only go 1 of 2 ways Wink

Miopyk, you beat me to it! LOL!
Macan S sold; Turbo cancelled. Boxster Spyder - collected 20.05.2016
Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

PCM essential! It's not just the sat nav, but the whole interface integration. Plus you get CDR+ stereo etc.
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!