AdBlue replacement charge

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mac150

Post by Mac150 »

I've been quoted £365 by OPC to 'Replace Reducing Agent AdBlue (which it says is required every 4 years). This is in addition to the oil & filter service that is £751
Ops Code 03510050
This seems ridiculously expensive.
Is there anything else that they do in this 'service' other than top up the AdBlue? Is there any reason why I should get this done

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

I replaced the Adblue in my SQ5 a few years ago. Just pour it in. Cost around £25. It's easy to do. Bit like topping your oil up.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

It's gone up a lot over the last two years, we used to pay 27p per litre, now it's just over 90p.

Thus £18 for the AdBlue and £347 for the coffee while you watch them do it!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
GTB

Post by GTB »

I have no idea, why after four years you would replace the AUS32 (Adblue) fluid! As long as you have been using the car regularly, taking on some decent runs and shorter runs when flued is used more and you have been topping it up, as others have said just fill the thing up.

Now not sure the storage capacity of the AUS32 tank on a Macan, but the only enemy of AUS32 is water, so a half empty tank and the filler cap not in the fully locked position then you could get some condensation in there and water is a major issue for AUS32 as it absorbs the water and starts causing issues.

I have had AUS32 on a number of diesels, and never ever heard of the tank being drained and flushed out, personally once level goes down to about 60% I just fill it back up yourself, just mind wash off with plenty cold water any AUS32 that goes on painted surfaces of your car, as its not good on paintwork and will blemish it.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

I think it's due to mileage. If the cars hasn't done many miles Porsche recommend draining the tank to remove any old adblue. No idea how valid this is.
GTB

Post by GTB »

bobajob wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:19 pm I think it's due to mileage. If the cars hasn't done many miles Porsche recommend draining the tank to remove any old adblue. No idea how valid this is.
bobajob,

if you havent done many miles, car is at a greater risk of the emmission system locking up and possible sensers needing replaced or a hard reset regeneration. Euro 6 Diesel cars with Adblue systems are designed to be run for decent mileage, diesels arent great just doing twenty or so small distances each day or very short trips where exhuast system doesnt get up to real hot temperatures. I normally do thousands of miles each year but when Covid hit it was only a few miles to supermarket once a week, so once a month I deliberately took it onto motorway for thirty miles and gave it a decent run.

I have and have had a number of Euro 6 diesels and this is the first I have seen a manufacturer indicate Adblue needs replaced? after four years, for crying out loud if cars being used, the driver could have topped it up with fresh Adblue just a few weeks before a service, so why drain out and throw away fresh Adblue, so if its low mileage, then what is that mileage etc,

Strange, very strange indeed.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Mac150 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:45 am I've been quoted £365 by OPC to 'Replace Reducing Agent AdBlue (which it says is required every 4 years). This is in addition to the oil & filter service that is £751
Ops Code 03510050
Is there anything else that they do in this 'service' other than top up the AdBlue? Is there any reason why I should get this done
Just last week, I had my intermediate service at my OPC. Basically the same oil and filter change, cabin filters, and invoice showed AdBlue charge, which I believe at service is a removal and refresh. And the cost was £540 inc vat.
Give the OPC at Sheffield a call. and could be worth a visit, depending where you are.
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

10 ltr of Greenchem AdBlue costs about £12 from EuroCarParts.

Get an old 2ltr pop bottle, wash it out, let it dry, decant the AdBlue into it and put 3 bottles worth into your car with a funnel. Job done.

I think I got £120 off my last service, once I told them not to bother with the AdBlue top up?
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

i would suggest you find an indi, as £751 for 7lts of oil and a £22 filter is a bit rich, aswell as the adblue
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Mac150 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:45 am I've been quoted £365 by OPC to 'Replace Reducing Agent AdBlue (which it says is required every 4 years). This is in addition to the oil & filter service that is £751
Ops Code 03510050

As mentioned above, it might be because you haven't done many miles and they think the ad blue might start to have condensation in it. Thing is, the sensor in the tank will tell you if the quality has changed.
The OPC probably class it as preventative maintenence, bloody expensive though. Go to an indy, will be alot cheaper.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)