PS+ Retrofit

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Just adding this because its been mentioned elsewhere that you can retrofit Power Steering Plus. Having now driven a Macan with PS+ I quite like it and it made me realise how heavy the steering is on mine at low speeds. It’s Ok without it but, for me, nicer with it.

The upgrade itself is just a software patch, and about an hours labour. There are many posts about it here and other forums.

However, if you are considering it I have just been told it is not available as an upgrade on the Gen 3 Macans. This maybe because of parts differences or possibly just because they haven’t actually considered it on the Gen 3’s yet, but either way the computer said an emphatic no 🥺

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Porsche Tequipment is their website for after market products.

PS+ for Gen II is £293.

I drove a Gen I S with 21” wheels & no PS+, it was very heavy at parking speeds.

The new showroom SD model that I bought did not have PS+ so I got the OPC to add it after a few weeks, it transformed the ease of parking the car.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4752

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:26 pm Porsche Tequipment is their website for after market products.

PS+ for Gen II is £293.

I drove a Gen I S with 21” wheels & no PS+, it was very heavy at parking speeds.

The new showroom SD model that I bought did not have PS+ so I got the OPC to add it after a few weeks, it transformed the ease of parking the car.
Yeah, I really noticed the difference after driving a Macan with it at the PEC. Sadly, according to Mid Sussex it can be retro-fitted on the Gen2 but not Gen3. It’s completely possible they just haven’t updated their workshop system, but for now its a no-go.

I’m waiting for Portsmouth to call me back, who were initially way more helpful, as they were going to ask Porsche in Germany directly.

I actually think the heavy steering is why I think mine feels sluggish at low speed compared to the others I’ve driven.
Deleted User 4752

Porsche have confirmed that PS+ retrofit is not possible on the Gen 3 Macan 🥺. Haven’t said why, but have confirmed computer says nine.
REITSY

Post by REITSY »

THHGTTG wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:53 pm Porsche have confirmed that PS+ retrofit is not possible on the Gen 3 Macan 🥺. Haven’t said why, but have confirmed computer says nine.
I'll probably annoy my sales guy at the OPC but he clearly told me that if I wanted it on mine I could add it as it was not in the original spec.
I'll get a 2nd opinion in next week or so for you
Deleted User 4752

REITSY wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:58 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:53 pm Porsche have confirmed that PS+ retrofit is not possible on the Gen 3 Macan 🥺. Haven’t said why, but have confirmed computer says nine.
I'll probably annoy my sales guy at the OPC but he clearly told me that if I wanted it on mine I could add it as it was not in the original spec.
Thanks. Really appreciate it. I tried Portsmouth and Mid Sussex. Also tried Guildford but they seemed reluctant to answer the phone so I gave up. Both Portsmouth and Mid Sussex said they were surprised as it can definitely be done on the Gen 2.

Its possible that they just haven’t updated their workshop manual for the Gen 3, but whatever the reason they say Porsche HQ says no
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

THHGTTG wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:01 pm
…..Also tried Guildford but they seemed reluctant to answer the phone ……..
They probably have caller display…..
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
pmg

Post by pmg »

THHGTTG wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:01 pm
Thanks. Really appreciate it. I tried Portsmouth and Mid Sussex. Also tried Guildford but they seemed reluctant to answer the phone so I gave up. Both Portsmouth and Mid Sussex said they were surprised as it can definitely be done on the Gen 2.

Its possible that they just haven’t updated their workshop manual for the Gen 3, but whatever the reason they say Porsche HQ says no
Actually, this does not surprise me. If they are short of chips due to the crisis and dropping things like the memory steering wheel position, then if extra chip(s) are need to give an option of Power steering support i can see those being dropped.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

1 Weetabix a morning should sort it all out 👍🏻

I really can't understand folk struggling with nonPS+. If my wife can/could cope with it, then only people with bad arthritis should have an issue.
The non PS+ is still lighter than what my RS6 was and the wife had no issue with that either.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
GTB

Post by GTB »

Rarecolour wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:18 pm 1 Weetabix a morning should sort it all out 👍🏻

I really can't understand folk struggling with nonPS+. If my wife can/could cope with it, then only people with bad arthritis should have an issue.
The non PS+ is still lighter than what my RS6 was and the wife had no issue with that either.
Rarecolour,

Of course if you stay north of Hadrians wall then please substitute Weetabix for Porridge!! :lol: :lol:

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0