It’s all hot air?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

TK421 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:05 am
Jon A wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:05 pm
…and breathe…
You need to pick all those toys up now fella and put them all back in the pram… 😂😂😂
In all honesty I think the replies from people saying words to the effect of “it’s your own fault stop pressing buttons” were more inflammatory, offered zero help with the issue and more akin to toys being ejected from ones chosen chariot, be it Porsche or silver cross.
My initial question was and is valid as there is a genuine issue with its function regarding hot air being blown from the vents when it’s set to cold on a coolish day but with a hot cabin. Reading around this on other forums there does seem to be other reports of such issues with HVAC on other Porsche models also. I personally don’t think it’s an inappropriate question, Or one that deserves the seemly common snarky replies with unhelpful answers such as “stop fiddling” ? Is this the reply I’ll get from Porsche when it goes in? I’m pretty sure it isn’t. Fact of the matter the chap on service at Chester was pretty damn helpful stating it’s Something he’s seen before, let’s hope he’s not referring to customers fiddling with buttons and the fix is to disable them ( buttons or owner you choose)

It is my mistake for asking what I considered a perfectly reasonable question, one deserved of a reasonable answer from anyone that wanted to be helpful. It Seems I was wrong to expect that, but comes as no surprise as I’ve witnessed it on this particular forum time and time again, I just personally find it quite odd behaviour nothing more. As was once written “people are strange”

In my life and in the bigger picture these replies are genuinely not an issue to me, I wear my big boy pants daily and can assure you all that no toys or prams where harmed by myself, although I can’t confirm others in this thread didn’t (my initial reply was more flippant and tongue in cheek)
We live and learn. Going forward I think I’ll stick to contacting Porsche with any issues that may arise from my £83k purchase including any issues resulting from fiddling with buttons, vehicle functionality and Ill Fitting body panels.

Think I’ll leave my “initial review of my GTS” In pages safe from harm on my MacBook ffs 😂

Peace and love and good luck to you all you helpful funny bunch … ❤️

Mods feel free to close the thread. 🎤 ⬇️
Like most upmarket cars, the Macan is fitted with "climate control". The reason for the "" is that true climate control also controls humidity and that is not normally the case with automobile systems as there is no water injection system to correct over dry air. If the system is left to itself then the car will control the internal temperature to the level set (unless you select high or low). If you turn AC off then it just stops the compressor from cutting in when required. The system should still attempt to cool the car if the internal temperature is higher than the set level. Because it's now using only ambient air to cool the interior then you would normally experience higher fan speeds. If the car is blowing hot air then either the internal temperature is actually lower than the set temperature or there is a fault.

The compressor does not run constantly with AC turned on but only if cooling is required or, in colder weather, to remove excessive humidity (usually to help with demisting windows). If the system is working correctly, you don't gain anything by turning the compressor off. Savings were only made with older car systems which had air cooling systems and the compressor ran whenever AC was turned on.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

GTB

Post by GTB »

I Agree with On-Track and his words above,
The system is "Climate Control" so apart from the temperature it also looks at the humidity. I have had it in lots of cars, and its best left in full auto position and I never turned it on/off. Only adjustments were for the temp I wanted.

Also the response of the system isnt like putting a light switch on/off in other words instant, it takes time for the climate control system to adjust. Other things I have found especially in new cars for a few weeks, higher than normal amount of moisture present, I have always presumed from the manufacturing or more likley delivery process with no climate control on and car left with doors open when its possibly raining/damp. Also as a mad fisherman and especially with hatchbacks where with the tailgate open, boot is open too elements, so cold damp air, but also lots of moisture now from my waders/waterproofs now in the car "Space" so misting of windows/screen is worse for a few days until the cliamte system manages to get that damp air out.

I would certainly always have the a/c switched on and left in full auto.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Nella wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:51 am
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:16 am
TK421 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:19 pm Something odd is afoot in the new Macan.
So, temps outside at the minute don’t warrant A/C so I always switch it off unless it’s hot enough.

Cool air outside (17), cabin a bit warm from the sun, temp set to 20, (cabin must be 24+) yet the HVAC was clearly blowing heated air into the cabin raising the temp even further? I’ve always run my previous cars this way without issue. What usually happens is the outside ambient temp cools the cabin down enough without the need for A/C, but for some reason it’s blasting heated hot air? It doesn’t feel like residual heat as it stays hot. I dropped the window to see if it did eventually cool down to ambient air temp but it kept blowing hot. More so out of the windscreen vents.

Anyone any ideas on this?
I experienced the same on the first sunny day I drove it. I was surprised that the air blowing out was so hot initially and put it down to the aluminium overload for the body and engine through which the air is routed. Opened the sunroof, put the aircon on max and it soon cooled down.
Thanks bluenose. Didn’t occur to me that the aircon wouldn’t work unless I specced a sunroof! I’m such a bimbo!
Yeah you also have to wind down the windows to get the maximum effect. I don't recommend driving with the doors ajar.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7
pmg

Post by pmg »

GTB wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:07 am I

GTB
And any pano roof shut I assume? and on the rare occasions pano roof open then which off Climate control?

Which is why I have never used an opening roof on a car with climate control and why I wont pay extra for an opening roof. and also why I prefer fixed glass roofs where available as in the Cayenne Coupe
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
GTB

Post by GTB »

pmg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:26 am

GTB
And any pano roof shut I assume? and on the rare occasions pano roof open then which off Climate control?

Which is why I have never used an opening roof on a car with climate control and why I wont pay extra for an opening roof. and also why I prefer fixed glass roofs where available as in the Cayenne Coupe
PMG,

In a word yes, in my previous cars, Im sure if the sunroof or pano roof was opened in anyway, it automatically disconnected the "Cooling" part of the climate control as others have said they system is then trying to cool the world and that just aint going to happen. Similar happens in lots of hotels and for those of you with air conditioning in your home, open the patio doors and the a/c switches off on the cooling function.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
pmg

Post by pmg »

GTB wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:54 am

GTB

PMG,

In a word yes, in my previous cars, Im sure if the sunroof or pano roof was opened in anyway, it automatically disconnected the "Cooling" part of the climate control as others have said they system is then trying to cool the world and that just aint going to happen. Similar happens in lots of hotels and for those of you with air conditioning in your home, open the patio doors and the a/c switches off on the cooling function.

GTB
Since then i have read the thread above where someone to cool a hot car opens his Pano roof fully and turns CC on Max where only doing the later would be even quicker!!!??
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

pmg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:01 am
GTB wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:54 am

PMG,

GTB
Since then i have read the thread above where someone to cool a hot car opens his Pano roof fully and turns CC on Max where only doing the later would be even quicker!!!??
I assumed you had a bit of common sense. Having spent 7 years in Saudi Arabia I know the fastest way to cool a car that is over 50° is to open all the windows. Put the a/c onto max until it pipes through cold air. Believe it or not but aircon is not instant. Once the cold air is flowing close all windows. That Dear Sir is how it works. 😘
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7
Nella

Post by Nella »

Or how about spec a pano, ACC (auto pilot or whatever it is) and ASR (speed limit reader or whatever that is called).
Open roof, turn all the tech on and stand up and let the car drive itself.
Just don’t do this if you live in Scotland.

:?
Nella

Post by Nella »

Car fixed. Faulty air conditioning pressure sensor replaced under warranty. A few cars have had this issue apparently so they knew what to look for.

And from the OPC it's nothing to do with pressing the wrong knobs and you don't have to have the A/C on all the time to make it work properly (nor have to have a pano for it to work properly either)?!?!?!?

No news on real time sat nav other than Germany are looking at this still and it does affect some other cars.

Unfortunately now a crack has appeared on the B post trim on the from passenger door which apparently is a known fault and will be replaced under warranty at some time in the future.

I'm hoping that as that is the 3rd fault I get no more!!!

Other than that it is epic to drive and seems to loosen up everyday.

ps I had a Cayanne for the day and was so glad to get back to my GTS. Cayanne felt mahoosive, very snappy in the gears, but was a demo so I'm guessing the PDK thinks everyone wants to race it, and it just wallowed round corners. Wasn't as much fun and drank fuel!!!!!
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I very often, adjust the heat settings on my AC. If out cycling or hiking, when getting back to my car. It can be roasting in the cabin on a hot day, ( dont want to drop all the windows, even ever so slightly on a hot day, while away from car). Get back in, set the control to lowest temp, below 16.5c, and the AC blows as cold as the North Wind, even from start.
I really cant fault that system in any way.
But the AC, should be left on all the time, and let that control the temp. It doesn't like being unused.