Carmine Red et al

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4749

Post by Deleted User 4749 »

Getting close to my lockdown date...spec sorted PPW4V193 with a budget overshoot of just Β£149....even managed to keep it out of the top CO2 bracket (just) :D

And then... I live near Goodwood and spent a couple of days watching all sorts of amazing cars driving through my village heading for the Festival of Speed.My colour choice until now had been volcanic grey, which to my eyes really suits the shape of the Macan, however my head was turned by a Carmine Red car and suddenly I have been thrown into a panic.... :shock:

Do I want a really safe colour or something a bit more sporty looking??? Thinking of Silver with black door handles and black exhausts etc PP4CIC44 or Red but cant justify Black exhausts PPEK41U6 due to Porche wanting an extra Β£1k for non metallic paint!

Does anybody have any 'real life' photos of a Carmine Red MY22/23 ideally with Standard S wheels (cant justify changing to darker ones)...can't seem to find any photos on Members Gallery

thanks for any help!

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Here you go…

1089D758-E75B-40BD-A7D5-3FFCCD3749E8.jpeg

BF06D434-F832-409C-B742-28E058A1904A.jpeg

718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Deleted User 4749

thanks Jon...stunning!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

The red is quite stunning πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I would have had a red Macan in a hearbeat but at the time it was an expensive custom choice.

Carmine Red looks stunning when clean but imo it is not a bright vibrant red but a slightly dull red I used to regularly see a Carmine red GTS and it always looked dull and dirty in anything other than bright light.

So do please checkout if the colour will actually work for you.

I had a Misano red Audi before my first Macan, now that was a bright red.

F84EA8E7-BCD5-4A95-B12D-A12AC2CF97A4.jpeg

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

ScotMac wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:42 am The red is quite stunning πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Not sure I agree with this - it can look dull but only if completely filthy (same as many colours). Mine has never been that dirty as it is cleaned every couple of weeks and so has always looked shiny and glossy.
I never understand what folks mean when they say words like β€œbrave” or β€œsafe” when it comes to colours, just get whatever makes you feel good when you look at it, it’s only a colour!! πŸ˜‚
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Would go Volcano grey personally out of the colours you've mentioned. looks sleek and smart.
Deleted User 4749

pstrat wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:46 am Would go Volcano grey personally out of the colours you've mentioned. looks sleek and smart.
Agreed.. along with Night Blue, Volcanic Grey makes the car look sophisticated! Just had a quick walk around in my local car park (Chichester, where everybody drives SUV's) I would guess 90% of SUV are grey, black or silver.....did see some sort of brick looking Volvo in Blue!

Ironic really having spent 12 months fussing over spec and never changing from Grey I'm now in a pre lockdown panic on colours...bloody typical!

Perhaps I will go with Grey and splash out on red seat belts! :( :( :(
pmg

Post by pmg »

pstrat wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:46 am Would go Volcano grey personally out of the colours you've mentioned. looks sleek and smart.
One of the purpose of car paint is to make the car visable as a safety issue for other road users. all i can say is volcanic grey is one of the most difficult colours to spot (so much like tarmac) when I am peaking out of my drive trying to exit.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4749

I guess the advantage of choosing Papaya and Miami Blue is nobody is going to nick it....