Info and nav services

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I let my subscription expire back at the end of May for the services which includes Real Time Traffic..

Today I have been out locally in the car and the map is actually showing that the M6 is redlined all around central Lancashire. Its hell out there, main roads are snarled up and looking at Waze the queues both on the M6 and A6 go from Lancaster to Preston and beyond.

The Nav display in my Macan is not showing local roads being congested just the M6, M61, M65 and M55.

I cannot say that I have seen this selective Real Time Traffic display presented on the screen before.

Anyone else had this occur?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

andreas

Post by andreas »

Yes, same here. I ditched the subscription as it didn't offer value for money. My satnav still shows red lines on congested major roads. I believe it may be a slower-response system which uses data via digital radio?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I've not been able to send destinations from the My Porsche App to the PCM for the last couple of months. Anyone else having this issue?

On my phone I can select a destination, see the routing, mileage etc. But my PCM now does not receive it.

All the other functions work - trip summary (distance covered, ave. speed, mpg, time), tyre pressure info, next service due etc.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

The App just doesn’t work. See below. Its showing as connected but says I have zero miles of fuel left and my tyres are -91 PSI. Does this probably 80% of the time I use it.

I’ve just put an adress in and sent it to the car so I’ll go and have a look in a minute and see if its worked.

UPDATE: Sent an adress from the app from inside the house and it said it had been successfully sent. Checked in the oven, sorry, car and no destination received on the PCM. So I tried again whilst sitting in the car. Again it said it had been sent but no update on the PCM. I wonder where it thinks its sent them to😳

7D5A915D-B94A-47B7-99F1-35C09E2A8C66.jpeg

F6CB1A8E-3D54-4472-9494-555E528714B4.png

8C1E64F6-30AF-435B-9866-59EF1880D814.jpeg

andreas

Post by andreas »

THHGTTG wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:55 pm The App just doesn’t work.
It's a waste of time; another example of poor IT implementation by Porsche.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Nella

Post by Nella »

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app on your phone?
Mine worked fine from the off, even before the sat nav update.
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Nella wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:55 pm Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app on your phone?
Mine worked fine from the off, even before the sat nav update.
Mine has worked fine, occasionally. There used to be a different app that looked a bit rubbish but worked really well. The new one looks better but doesn’t work. I’ve un-installed and re-installed several times.
pmg

Post by pmg »

I find with the new app My Porsche it does not update automatically. If I press the connection status button to the left of the vehicle type on top of 1st page then it updates with current details. I have not used the send a navigation location facility recently though but on the last app it used to send a message which you had to go to rather than the location appearing automatically as destination in NAV
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

As my Macan is a tad old the newish My Porsche App is a one App does it all (or it is supposed to be), in that nav, infotainment and the features and functions that were once provided by the Vodafone Connect App and now included within the My Porsche App.

Its greyed out in the My Porsche App on my iPhone as I would not pay Vodafone a brass cent for any service.

Is the Connect App still functioning?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

The PCM will only 'receive' the destination into the car when I click the 'link' Porsche ID button, which I have to do each time I switch on the ignition. Not the slickest solutions out there, admittedly, but works every time.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018