Black Spyder or Black Classic 20 or 21 Macan Wheels

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

Are there any 'reasonably priced' used Black Classic or Spyder wheels around? in 20 0or 21. There are some on ebay which are sitting there as the prices are high
Merc A200d - Macan SD - Audi TT - Golf GTD MK8

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

What does ‘reasonably priced’ mean?
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

Madelvic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:38 pm What does ‘reasonably priced’ mean?
Have you got a set?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Take the advice from one who has had Spyders on his Macans for over six years.

Only consider Classics.

Spyders are a sod to clean.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:20 pm Take the advice from one who has had Spyders on his Macans for over six years.

Only consider Classics.

Hmm.. That's why I would only want black Spyders. 21 Classic would be nice though
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

MTUK wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:03 am
Col Lamb wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:20 pm Take the advice from one who has had Spyders on his Macans for over six years.

Only consider Classics.

Hmm.. That's why I would only want black Spyders. 21 Classic would be nice though
Spyders being black would do nothing for the ease of cleaning.

It is the fact that there are so many radial stays in the wheel design that make it have so many nooks and crannies to clean and even getting to clean the hub and callipers is very difficult.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
RGS

Post by RGS »

That's the beauty of PSCB brakes, just back from 420 mile trip with a very light dusting on wheels almost invisible that came off with a damp cloth. Car is almost 3 yrs old and 911 turbo wheels still like new.
My son has satin black wheels on his Cayman and the brake dust is a real pain and very visible to see, almost impossible to remove if it's been left for a while. From his experience I couldn't recommend satin or matt finished black wheels and they don't camouflage the dust.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

RGS wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:28 pm That's the beauty of PSCB brakes, just back from 420 mile trip with a very light dusting on wheels almost invisible that came off with a damp cloth. Car is almost 3 yrs old and 911 turbo wheels still like new.
My son has satin black wheels on his Cayman and the brake dust is a real pain and very visible to see, almost impossible to remove if it's been left for a while. From his experience I couldn't recommend satin or matt finished black wheels and they don't camouflage the dust.
Mmm, not entirely sure of the logic here. If you are cleaning your car, say every couple of weeks, you are going to be cleaning your wheels regardless as even PSCB’s leave SOME dust. I accept you might have less dust on the wheel in between washes but the price for this is around £1,500 more when it comes to replacing pads etc - that’s a lot of cash for what seems like not a lot of advantage??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Jon A wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:56 pm
RGS wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:28 pm That's the beauty of PSCB brakes, just back from 420 mile trip with a very light dusting on wheels almost invisible that came off with a damp cloth. Car is almost 3 yrs old and 911 turbo wheels still like new.
Mmm, not entirely sure of the logic here. If you are cleaning your car, say every couple of weeks, you are going to be cleaning your wheels regardless as even PSCB’s leave SOME dust. I accept you might have less dust on the wheel in between washes but the price for this is around £1,500 more when it comes to replacing pads etc -

And the rest, Jon. It’s been posted about on here before, but the extra cost to replace discs and pads for PSCB is eye-watering! A real money spinner for Porsche. Something to be aware of if buying a car with PSCBs (or PCCBs). :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

Only consider Classics.

100% nightmare to clean, I would have gone classics with hindsight - as long to wash wheels as the whole car (snow foam, etc) and I love washing the cars - pure chill time.

Dare I even say it on this thread - Macan GTS Gen1 is for sale shortly!
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3