Black Spyder or Black Classic 20 or 21 Macan Wheels

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Nella

Post by Nella »

I think there’s a bit more to it than just clean wheels and callipers which is very handy. I’m not finding I am having to brake hard generally as the weight of the cars slows it down so much but when tested the PSCB are like throwing an anchor out. I’ve never had a car stop as well. I’m hoping I’ll never find out but they are supposedly not susceptible to fade either.
As for cost only time will tell.
Would be interesting if anyone had any experience if the cost of replacement?

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Nella wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:16 pm I think there’s a bit more to it than just clean wheels and callipers which is very handy. I’m not finding I am having to brake hard generally as the weight of the cars slows it down so much but when tested the PSCB are like throwing an anchor out. I’ve never had a car stop as well. I’m hoping I’ll never find out but they are supposedly not susceptible to fade either.
Not sure about any extra performance? According to the Porsche blurb they just have cosmetic qualities (less dust and not tarnishing so easily). I think Porsche would mention it if they actually performed better?
As for costs, I think the price of pads and discs has been put on here somewhere, all I remember is that they were eye wateringly expensive…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Nella

Post by Nella »

Jon A wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:27 pm
Nella wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:16 pm I think there’s a bit more to it than just clean wheels and callipers which is very handy. I’m not finding I am having to brake hard generally as the weight of the cars slows it down so much but when tested the PSCB are like throwing an anchor out. I’ve never had a car stop as well. I’m hoping I’ll never find out but they are supposedly not susceptible to fade either.
Not sure about any extra performance? According to the Porsche blurb they just have cosmetic qualities (less dust and not tarnishing so easily). I think Porsche would mention it if they actually performed better?
As for costs, I think the price of pads and discs has been put on here somewhere, all I remember is that they were eye wateringly expensive…
They do perform better. Much better. There are plenty of posts on the net about that. Equal to PCCB but at a lower price. You would really have to spank them to find out. I have driven JLR products in anger and suffered brake fade which was quite alarming and then Audi products with ceramic brakes that didn’t miss a beat. I know what I would rather have given a choice.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Nella wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:46 pm
They do perform better. Much better. There are plenty of posts on the net about that. Equal to PCCB but at a lower price. You would really have to spank them to find out. I have driven JLR products in anger and suffered brake fade which was quite alarming and then Audi products with ceramic brakes that didn’t miss a beat. I know what I would rather have given a choice.
I can’t find any official evidence that they perform any better than the standard iron brakes and Porsche certainly don’t say so??
I can’t imagine for one second that they are “equal to ceramics” as that doesn’t make any sense. I think it is just an ultra thin coating to protect from tarnish a break dust - and that’s it.
Not trying to urinate on any fireworks here as I don’t know for sure, but there is so much forum BS across the internet that sometimes myth becomes reality 😂
Nella

Post by Nella »

Jon A wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:00 pm

I can’t find any official evidence that they perform any better than the standard iron brakes and Porsche certainly don’t say so??
I can’t imagine for one second that they are “equal to ceramics” as that doesn’t make any sense. I think it is just an ultra thin coating to protect from tarnish a break dust - and that’s it.
Not trying to urinate on any fireworks here as I don’t know for sure, but there is so much forum BS across the internet that sometimes myth becomes reality 😂

I have no idea what is said in other forum BS as you put it. I am informing you from my own personal experience.

I’m not sure what you googled when you couldn’t find any official evidence that they are better than iron brakes so here is a quote from the official Porsche newsroom. There are many others if you look.

“The new Macan Turbo comes with the Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) system as standard to complement the excellent driving dynamics. These innovative, high-performance brakes are exclusive to Porsche and, with a tungsten carbide coating on the discs, offer a faster response, increased friction, less wear and up to 90 per cent less brake dust compared to conventional cast iron brakes. Stable braking, even under extreme loads, is ensured by 390 millimetre discs on the front axle and 356 millimetre discs at the rear. PSCB, with its characteristic high-gloss brake discs and white-painted brake callipers, is now available as an optional extra on all other Macan models as well.”

Type in PSCB macan or similar.

;-)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Nella wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:24 am
Jon A wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:00 pm

I have no idea what is said in other forum BS as you put it. I am informing you from my own personal experience.

I’m not sure what you googled when you couldn’t find any official evidence that they are better than iron brakes so here is a quote from the official Porsche newsroom. There are many others if you look.

“The new Macan Turbo comes with the Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) system as standard to complement the excellent driving dynamics. These innovative, high-performance brakes are exclusive to Porsche and, with a tungsten carbide coating on the discs, offer a faster response, increased friction, less wear and up to 90 per cent less brake dust compared to conventional cast iron brakes. Stable braking, even under extreme loads, is ensured by 390 millimetre discs on the front axle and 356 millimetre discs at the rear. PSCB, with its characteristic high-gloss brake discs and white-painted brake callipers, is now available as an optional extra on all other Macan models as well.”

Type in PSCB macan or similar.

;-)
Thanks Nella, I did see this but it’s somewhat vague I think. I can’t actually find any test results but admittedly I haven’t looked too hard 😂
I did say I wasn’t sure, and am still not tbh, but they might be better “stoppers” but then they might be just cleaner ones…
The kind of forum BS I’m talking about is when people say things like “PSCB are equal to ceramic brakes but cheaper” for example… 🤔
Nella

Post by Nella »

In very simple terms, as with ceramic brakes, the tungsten surface is smoother than iron so there is more surface area for the brake pad to touch so more stopping power available in all circumstances and less effort required to achieve the same result as iron brakes, which also results in less wear of the pads and discs.
They clearly are more expensive. How expensive in the long I don’t know but OPC techs I have spoken to say they rarely touch them as they last well.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

See thread “Brake dust, what brake dust?”

AD9110FD-217F-4548-AA16-8058D3DCE032.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Nella

Post by Nella »

Last time I spent money on replacing pads was on an 8 yr old Morris Marina in 1982!!!
I’ll let you know if I have to change the discs on the Macan but I doubt it’ll be for a while yet.
:shock:
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nella wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:53 pm Last time I spent money on replacing pads was on an 8 yr old Morris Marina in 1982!!!
I’ll let you know if I have to change the discs on the Macan but I doubt it’ll be for a while yet.
:shock:

👍
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018