Gen 1 New Forum Section Idea?

Forum suggestions, help and advice
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Rarecolour wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:43 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:45 am Yes, and I’m tyred of folks torquing about there tires being No or not, I’m loosing the will to live on herering wether Gen1 breaks are better than Gen3, and there’s to much nonsense too bare on pan rooves being must haves. And while I’m at it, let’s not here any more about pore speling!
LYKE. AND 👍🏻
Oh, and I forgot, is this forum about Macan's, Macans', or Macans?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Tracky wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:00 am
Jon A wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:20 pm
Tracky wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:09 pm

:lol: :lol: And. :lol: :lol:
How shite are those buttons in your 992 Tracky?? 😂😂
Luckily there aren’t many but the important loud button (PSE) is a proper switch unlike the gen 3 audi
You know joking aside, I quite like the haptic buttons or at least the way they look, probably because the cabin looks a little more “modern”.
I never liked the look of the buttons in two rows in previous cars but did see a lovely my15 car the other day with what I assume was the button layout before the “two rows” and the buttons looked fab.
Gloss black and slightly smaller but very attractive in the way they looked.
Modernity goes in cycles I guess….
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Rarecolour wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:41 pm I think the most ironic thing is, you're all retards, it's not Gen anything. It's Macan 1, 2 and shite bumper, shite haptic buttons 3.

The good thing is, little miss sunshine has been and gone twice though
How shite are those buttons in your 992 Tracey?? 😂😂
FIXED

The haptic buttons might actually be good, never tried them in the 992 when I drove it :roll: Prefer the look of the actual buttons though.

If this new dividing of the site was to go ahead, be interesting to see how folk use it. Will they still use the 'What's new' feature? If so, what's the point in doing it?
I'd guess site traffic may slow down if new forums are introduced as well, which isn't good for the site.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Rarecolour wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:47 am

How shite are those buttons in your 992 Tracey?? 😂😂
FIXED

The haptic buttons might actually be good, never tried them in the 992 when I drove it :roll: Prefer the look of the actual buttons though.

If this new dividing of the site was to go ahead, be interesting to see how folk use it. Will they still use the 'What's new' feature? If so, what's the point in doing it?
I'd guess site traffic may slow down if new forums are introduced as well, which isn't good for the site.
As of now (08:20 on Sat) there are three users on site. I've lost track of the number of times I'm the only user. Throughout the seven years I've been a user, active members have have averaged twenty to thirty. I don't see any danger of the site being swamped by traffic. We should do everything to encourage new users and making the site more complicated won't help.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
New User

Post by New User »

There are less than 31k Macans registered in the UK across all Generations so I don't think it makes sense to split the site further

5F690AD5-8EE6-4EEC-AFDE-E400F6823AEF.png

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

New User wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:08 am There are less than 31k Macans registered in the UK across all Generations so I don't think it makes sense to split the site further
5F690AD5-8EE6-4EEC-AFDE-E400F6823AEF.png
I agree.

There are other Macan sites on the www, but this is the best one by far. Being more inclusive and with better balanced views and advice.

We have a good mix from Macan owners of many years knowledge and experience, covering all the Macan model variants, through to the new aspirants to the marque and this model.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Mike993

Post by Mike993 »

I think all this talk of splitting the forum or changing the flow of traffic in any way is completely misleading. All I'm suggesting is adding a new Gen 1 sub-section to the 'Porsche Macan Forum Area' or 'Porsche Macan Technical Forum' on the home page, when you look at all the sub-sections already on the Home Page it won't make any difference whatsoever.

Existing members I'm sure just go to 'New Posts', then you see whatever you've missed in any section, or 'Recommended for you' to catch up on the latest, but a potential new member looking in with a early car will spot a Gen 1 section straight away and see there is something for them, rather than clicking on Main Porsche Macan Chat and seeing all the new car stuff. So if anything it could increase membership and traffic, imho.

Tried to be as acurate as I can with my spelling so as not to upset the more pedantic amongst us.... :lol:
2018 GTS Jet Metallic Black with full black leather.
pmg

Post by pmg »

As the members cannot stick to the topic of a thread, are they ever going to stick to the topic of a section. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) I would keep the forum as it is.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

@Mike993 I think it’s a great idea, but obviously a lot of ppl adverse to change.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I never look at the sections, I just open the site click "Unread Posts" in the "Quick Link" drop down then jump to "First unread post". If I've not been on for a while and the numbers have grown to scary proportions I'll try and ignore threads that don't look interesting and and hit "Mark all read" before leaving. That's rare though and they crop up again in no time!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP