Extended Apple Carplay screen

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
shaun5150

Post by shaun5150 »

Having read some posts on another forum about maximising the new screen size I have had my Macan S upgraded with the wide screen option
offered by Innovative Soft (https://www.innovativesoftnz.com) Raymond did a super job doing a completely remote install to my Macan with
great comms throughout the process.

All apps appear as expected and in proportion...maps especially look great

....Highly Recommended !!

Screenshot 2022-10-22 at 13.26.31.png

Screenshot 2022-10-22 at 13.26.15.png

2020 Macan S "Wolf" | DMS Tune | Air Suspension | Sports Chrono | 21" Spyder | Pano Roof | Sports Exhaust |Bose|Night Blue Metallic | Agate/Pebble Leather

andywebber

Post by andywebber »

That looks really good - looks like there are 2 options that are available - is this the $500 one or the $300 one?

I am still looking around for a Macan but will get this done as soon as I get one as I prefer the full screen display mode
Last edited by andywebber on Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shaun5150

Post by shaun5150 »

very happy with the result.....will consider doing a full screen update at some point but wanted to run with this option first
2020 Macan S "Wolf" | DMS Tune | Air Suspension | Sports Chrono | 21" Spyder | Pano Roof | Sports Exhaust |Bose|Night Blue Metallic | Agate/Pebble Leather
ctcampbell

Post by ctcampbell »

Does this actually show any more information anywhere? The music app doesn't look any different, just has really long buttons. Can't see how this is worth £500 if it doesn't actually change the user experience.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

What happens when you take the car to your OPC for its Service when they come to update the system?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

This is what the developer has said on a thread on the Rennlist forum :-

The software solution is purely on application level and 100% invisible to any diagnostic tool so that won't cause and dram in future.

If you worry about the firmware update in the future, here is the answer
1. it is very rare that your firmware on head unit can get update from dealer and in fact most of dealer does not even have any firmware at all
2. if there is a case your firmware has got updated, you can do self install again on from server by yourself, as long as it is the same car you can install as many time as you want, it only takes 5mins once all set up.

HTH
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

shaun5150 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:39 pm Having read some posts on another forum about maximising the new screen size I have had my Macan S upgraded with the wide screen option
offered by Innovative Soft (https://www.innovativesoftnz.com) Raymond did a super job doing a completely remote install to my Macan with
great comms throughout the process.

All apps appear as expected and in proportion...maps especially look great

....Highly Recommended !!
Nice job.

Epic song as well!!
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Raj24v

Post by Raj24v »

I need this done asap too.

Is he the only guy/company offering this service?
ctcampbell

Post by ctcampbell »

Raj24v wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:41 pm I need this done asap too.

DO you need it doing though? I'm yet to see ANY screenshots that actually show the extended screen being used by an app to display more information than the normal sized screen. Seems to me like a massive waste of cash.
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

ctcampbell wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:18 pm
Raj24v wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:41 pm I need this done asap too.

DO you need it doing though? I'm yet to see ANY screenshots that actually show the extended screen being used by an app to display more information than the normal sized screen. Seems to me like a massive waste of cash.
So in other words, it merely stretched the Apple car play view but does not allow more apps icons to be displayed?
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!