Hooligan Mode Installed

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Do you get a "G" and a "T" thrown for that 12k?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Pivot wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:01 am What vehicle and derivative is it on?

I am not sure I would have the heart to wrench max output out of my car, as there are always unintended consequences, especially on finely tuned precision engineered vehicle.
I don’t have an issue with tuning cars and have done many times before

They actually build in plenty of slack to deal with different working conditions and fuel types across the world so there are plenty of margins to exploit. We are lucky we have readily available high grade fuel for example, we don’t live in hot and sandy climates either

My issue is with voiding the warranty and the fight with that

My bmw dealer easily uncovered the map on my old twin turbo x5 and told me that the warranty was voided albeit they would still cover obviously non related items eg suspension etc

Porsche generally take a much firmer stance - reports of not even being able to extend the warranty for non N rated tyres is a ridiculous example to start with

Our S is just about quick enough and I don’t need anything faster - despite having much faster stuff.

I averaged 29mph home last night from work in 50/60 mph roads because everyone else was driving so fricking slow!!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Tracky wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:12 pm
Pivot wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:01 am What vehicle and derivative is it on?

I am not sure I would have the heart to wrench max output out of my car, as there are always unintended consequences, especially on finely tuned precision engineered vehicle.
I don’t have an issue with tuning cars and have done many times before

They actually build in plenty of slack to deal with different working conditions and fuel types across the world so there are plenty of margins to exploit. We are lucky we have readily available high grade fuel for example, we don’t live in hot and sandy climates either

My issue is with voiding the warranty and the fight with that

My bmw dealer easily uncovered the map on my old twin turbo x5 and told me that the warranty was voided albeit they would still cover obviously non related items eg suspension etc

Porsche generally take a much firmer stance - reports of not even being able to extend the warranty for non N rated tyres is a ridiculous example to start with

Our S is just about quick enough and I don’t need anything faster - despite having much faster stuff.

I averaged 29mph home last night from work in 50/60 mph roads because everyone else was driving so fricking slow!!

I don’t mind other people tuning their cars, I just don’t want to do mine. Nor I want to buy a 2/3rd hand vehicle that has been tuned to increase power/torque. This is why I will buy new 911.

Let’s face it, the more highly strung-up the vehicle, the lower it’s longevity and reliability. I respect that many Porsche owners don’t need to worry about cost of repairs… I do.

I don’t mind spending more on a better car. I do get emotional when it breaks and I know I have directly contributed to it.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4