The Autumn statement/budget

The place to discuss everything else..
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Well, what will be in this episode of UK Government is broke series? Punitive taxes on ICE vehicles over a certain amount perhaps. Electric cars will be paying RFL in 2025 I read somewhere. Triple Lock Pensions will be unlocked from what should be 10% inflation in September (the basis of the increase in pensions) to 5%. Some other taxes will be dreamed up I'm sure. It's inevitable as we either get money from Taxes or borrow it and that is a no no for this current bunch. Maybe a combination of tax and borrowing. Or not spending £2bn keeping illegals fed and warm for a year. Just where are they all going to live once they are kicked out of the Hotels? According to the National Housing Federation, over 3.8 million people are waiting for 'Social Housing', don't know how many are Illegals. Spending cuts will happen. HS2 being mothballed would save a penny or two but then you will get unemployment and less tax revenue. Rather them than me to make those decisions.
What do you predict?
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I’m not sure that people who are financially insulated enough to own Porsches would be the kind of folks that these current issues affect too much. (Me included)
Also not sure that terming human beings who risk their lives fleeing war, famine and despot regimes as “illegals” shows the right kind of mindset to have a worthwhile opinion! 🙄
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
ctcampbell

Post by ctcampbell »

Jon A wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:33 pm I’m not sure that people who are financially insulated enough to own Porsches would be the kind of folks that these current issues affect too much. (Me included)
Also not sure that terming human beings who risk their lives fleeing war, famine and despot regimes as “illegals” shows the right kind of mindset to have a worthwhile opinion! 🙄
Sadly there are many people that just can't or wont actually look at the facts when it comes to migration numbers, and anyone that enters the country except for a holiday is an 'illegal', even though actual illegal immigrants would be incredibly foolish to put themselves on a social housing register and alert the authorities to their presence in the country.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

ctcampbell wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:08 pm
Jon A wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:33 pm I’m not sure that people who are financially insulated enough to own Porsches would be the kind of folks that these current issues affect too much. (Me included)
Sadly there are many people that just can't or wont actually look at the facts when it comes to migration numbers, and anyone that enters the country except for a holiday is an 'illegal', even though actual illegal immigrants would be incredibly foolish to put themselves on a social housing register and alert the authorities to their presence in the country.
I agree that educating one’s self is the first step rather than relying on media soundbites or even politician soundbites for that matter.
It seems the default position is to point a finger at these poor sods in small boats and cry “illegals” without thinking about the macro issues that are causing it and are eminently fixable!
Not the place to discuss at length I think and let’s hope that any bigotry, xenophobia or good old fashion racism is in fact just ignorance and nothing more.
Last edited by Jon A on Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

Sadly there are many people that just can't or wont actually look at the facts when it comes to migration numbers, and anyone that enters the country except for a holiday is an 'illegal', even though actual illegal immigrants would be incredibly foolish to put themselves on a social housing register and alert the authorities to their presence in the country
An asylum seeker that enters the country via illegal means is not an illegal immigrant but a legitimate asylum seeker.

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/law/blog/th ... lum-seeker
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

WTF? If I feel the need for this stuff the BBC provide it by the bucket load, I thought this forum was a refuge from it! I move that Cheshire Cat be banned for 3 months for starting it. :evil:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Lucky you on the finance front. Six weeks ago, I was also fairly well insulated and now I'm not thanks to the clowns that took over for six weeks and ruined the 'Market'. In terming the human beings as illegals is not based on 'soundbites' and I can't see much war, famine and despot regimes in Albania. In fact which war and famine? Who is the despot? If I was fleeing such situations and landed in Greece I think I would be grateful and wish to stay. If I didn't like it and had nothing to hide, I would buy a plane ticket to the land of free accommodation and food and claim asylum at an airport rather than travel across a continent to squat in a tent on a beach and spend £5000 on a dodgy dingy ride throwing my phones and documents into the channel en route. That my friend is my mind set. Ask yourself why do they do it? They don't cross the channel for free. The 'broken' asylum system wasn't designed for the influx (or invasion if you will) of 40,000 plus people landing on the coast this year. The lovely French, who haven't forgiven us for leaving the EU, missed 1000 people on beaches clambering into rubber boats on Saturday. How did they manage that? Why don't these human beings fleeing war, famine and despots stay in France? I'd love to know. If people have a genuine claim for asylum, I have no issue with that, I just can't see how the majority of the channel hoppers can be genuine. It is taking longer to process people as they have no documents or ID. Imagine the outcry when one of these people commit a horrific crime because they weren't forensically checked, it will happen. If you feel my opinion isn't worthwhile, that's your prerogative. I would love to know why you think all these human beings are steady upright citizens that prefer to travel thousands of miles, spend all their money on dangerous crossings organised by criminal gangs rather than settle at the first port of safe haven, destroy their documents on the off chance they will be granted asylum.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Neil1911 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:38 pm WTF? If I feel the need for this stuff the BBC provide it by the bucket load, I thought this forum was a refuge from it! I move that Cheshire Cat be banned for 3 months for starting it. :evil:
Tell you what as this is now a haven for mushy liberal lefty wokes, I'll just now bother your two brain cells again. Let's hope you can all take in some of these lovely people and save the country some dosh.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:55 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:38 pm WTF? If I feel the need for this stuff the BBC provide it by the bucket load, I thought this forum was a refuge from it! I move that Cheshire Cat be banned for 3 months for starting it. :evil:
Tell you what as this is now a haven for mushy liberal lefty wokes, I'll just now bother your two brain cells again. Let's hope you can all take in some of these lovely people and save the country some dosh.
Not even close to the mark!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:55 pm
Personal insults are always a winner Cheshire, well done 👏
Probably best to do as you say…