Finally, it's here!

Post pictures of your Macan here!
SPL

Post by SPL »

Congratulations on getting your Macan.
Personally couldn't have waited the extra months for the side steps!
Would have had the SD skirts and had my car earlier!
Love the 21" classics, but interesting you say the ride is on the harder side, the exact reason I am sticking with 20"
Would like 20" classics, think Porsche are missing the boat here.
I think the number plate looks terrific, love personalised plates, especially suffix's that look even more personalised .
How many years have you owned the plate?
Enjoy the miles and smiles!

Thanks Gleneagles!

I got the plate for my 21st, as well as a kilt! Wink So that's 20years now.

The plate came off my BMW back on October as that is when I was supposed to have the Macan... So it has been on retention since then. It's my initials, not Scottish Premier League. Tongue
Diesel S Ordered 07/12/2013 - Delivered 29/01/15 - Sold 15/06/16.
New Range Rover Vogue arrived 21/07/16.
http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/shouldnt-swear-land-rover_topic4142.html

SPL

Post by SPL »

Hi,
Can I ask did you notice only six month subscription to Cobra on the Porsche portal. It never said that before. Has they suddenly started charging for it?

I have looked at the paperwork and can not find anything on that. I bet I get something through the door in six months time for renewal though. Cry

P.S I woke up at 4am this morning... couldn't resist a wee look on the PCC to make sure it was outside. Then I checked my CCTV to also make sure! Embarrassed
ken

Post by ken »

Thanks Gleneagles!

I got the plate for my 21st, as well as a kilt! Wink So that's 20years now.

The plate came off my BMW back on October as that is when I was supposed to have the Macan... So it has been on retention since then. It's my initials, not Scottish Premier League. Tongue

I just assumed it was Scottish Premier League.

Does the kilt still fit? I got my kilt for my wedding and I'm happy to say it's too big now.
White Macan S - delivered 17/1/15
SPL

Post by SPL »

Hi SPL

Thanks for your enlightening comments about the ride/handling on Sport classic 21 inch wheels..they look great as well! :-)
I have to say I agree with your comments re. the consistency of the handling without PASM..I just wish mine was a little firmer. Have you noticed the car moving/rocking (squat/dive) on the bushes if you're a little keen on the brakes during low speed manoeuvres?

Also, my only real gripe is the fact that when I pull away in the morning the car feels like the throttle has about 2cm of play before she starts to crawl..it sometimes makes me wonder if the gearbox has engaged? I feel like I have to get on the job and drive firmly rather than being gentle (I'm always sympathetic to a cold car).

Re. The Jukebox...when in USB mode click the 'Option' tab and you have the upload options (track/folder).

hi Mutt & Jeff, Re moving/rocking, not noticed it at all. Will look out for it though.

Re in the morning, I had applied the handbrake the night before and when I tried to drive off in the morning it did not disengage by itself and I thought it should. Not noticed the throttle response but again will keep an eye on that. I am like you with a cold engine.

I have tried the 'option' tab in the Jukebox and upload is not highlighted. It does recognise the USB as I have played music on it but it does not seem to recognise it for upload.. Strange and I am thinking I may have to take the USB out and then in, again will play around with it.Confused I am usually pretty good with this kind of stuff.
SPL

Post by SPL »

P.S. I agree that the Sat nav is very good..I also like the fact that it's so polite..."Please turn right".
My wife and I used to laugh at our 2005 Golf GTI'S sat nav..the woman was obviously German speaking English and she used to speak in a rather cross 'dominatrix' type way if you did not obay her commands...we used to ignore her on purpose just for the fun of hearing her frustration!!

LOLThumbs Up

SPL

Post by SPL »

Very nice SPL, genuinely interested to know why the cool box?

Kids sports really. I also want to do some more cycling this summer hence the tow bar for a 4 x bike tow bar mount. So that's for the drinks when we are out and about. Also a picnic now and again and little bottles of Champers for the wife... Wink All the gear and no idea! That's me! Big smile

I need to test it out and will do a write up on it. It's bigger than I thought in the boot but not so big inside.
macanjack

Post by macanjack »

Ok the Porsche app, if you go to 'my car' it says subscription expires 07/15 on mine and if I go to the portal it says 180 days cover and then a list of prices.
Can someone have a look at theirs and see what it says
Denizl

Post by Denizl »

Very nice SPL, genuinely interested to know why the cool box?

Kids sports really. I also want to do some more cycling this summer hence the tow bar for a 4 x bike tow bar mount. So that's for the drinks when we are out and about. Also a picnic now and again and little bottles of Champers for the wife... Wink All the gear and no idea! That's me! Big smile

I need to test it out and will do a write up on it. It's bigger than I thought in the boot but not so big inside.

Sounds good, yeah I will have a tow bar for same reason, though I have bike rack for current car and never used it haha. Hopefully get use of the tow bar though for trips to the skip/trailer. Use the bike a lot just tend to leave from the house, beauty of living in the sticks I guess. I'll look out for ya when I'm in AbzDenizl2015-01-31 10:37:19
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Ok the Porsche app, if you go to 'my car' it says subscription expires 07/15 on mine and if I go to the portal it says 180 days cover and then a list of prices.
Can someone have a look at theirs and see what it says

On my Car Connect app if I click on settings it shows my PVTS subscription lasts until May 2016 ie 2 years after I bought the Macan. I think we early buyers managed to get 2 years instead of 6 months for some reason.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
macanjack

Post by macanjack »

Bugger, pity I can't transfer my original subscription over. Many thanks