On the Road Costs

All your ordering information here!
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

USA does have delivery fees so I don’t know if that’s where the confusion is coming from? Having said that USA dealerships sometimes go way further with customer service, so delivery to your home is common, and for my parents in law when they had to wait for a car to arrive the dealership gave them a ‘free’ car to use whilst they waited.

SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

I asked what other costs I needed to be prepared for outside of the cost of car and registration etc., and they said nothing else apart from the subscription.

I’d have assumed that delivery is included in the cost of buying the car, it be like a supermarket adding an additional charge at checkout for imported goods, a bit cumbersome.

They also offered to drive the car to where I live, probably seeing I was a nervous girl back then (prior starting driving lessons) - and to me they were happy just to do it, just being helpful etc., rather than looking to charge… that’s said I’d not have wanted to put them out and create a hassle for them… They said they’d dropped a few cars off where I live, so it felt like normal practice for them
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

BanZ wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:28 am USA does have delivery fees so I don’t know if that’s where the confusion is coming from? Having said that USA dealerships sometimes go way further with customer service, so delivery to your home is common, and for my parents in law when they had to wait for a car to arrive the dealership gave them a ‘free’ car to use whilst they waited.
There isn’t any confusion. We’re talking about UK OPCs that try to make a charge for delivery when it’s already been paid for in the price of the car.

But I agree with you about service in the US, having lived there in the distant past. Service generally was on another level from that in the UK at the time, and probably still is.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA