Rear washer not working.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
TK421

Post by TK421 »

AllanG wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:07 pm
TK421 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:00 pm It’s get better, they’ve now found me a more suitable vehicle …. A Volvo XC40 1.5 petrol. Nice 👍
At least the rear washer may work on this car!! 🤣🤣
Of that I have no doubt 😂
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7

Oscar2

Post by Oscar2 »

Just back from Perth OPC, earliest appointment is 30th January,till then just use your front washers they will be ok, but the smell of screen wash in the car is really bad I’ve had the car four months and never had to add screen wash 19 plate, for your screen wash to freeze it would be the wrong mix, do Porsche not check this before you pick up the car,that’s the only reason mine froze and started leaking not happy that’s the first time I’ve ever had screen wash bother in winter
TK421

Post by TK421 »

The issue you have is that you potentially have litres of fluid under the carpets soaking in to the seat bases etc.. plus and more importantly you have electronic control modules under the seats and also wiring looms. The potential safety issues are real and costs will run into the thousands. I’ve refused to drive the car. It will be collected on a transporter and taken direct to the dealership whereby I have asked them To contact me upon its inspection prior to any work being carried out. At a minimum it’s goi g to need drying out, properly, need new carpets and underlay/soundproofing plus repairing the damaged pipe which I’m told is an internal part of the wiring loom costing circa £4k on its own. It’s a complete crock of ….. and a complete joke!
I’ve had this after auto windscreens incorrectly fitted a windscreen on a new 5 series. Water was running down the bulkhead behind the dash under the carpets. Never knew until the smell and condensation. BMW took over and had to replace the carpets, modules, ran into the thousands, then stuff started rusting, creating electrical gremlins. It’s a real serious problem. Cars don’t like water on the inside. So pissed about this, can’t emphasise it enough how much of a problem this really is.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

TK421 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:12 pm The issue you have is that you potentially have litres of fluid under the carpets soaking in to the seat bases etc.. plus and more importantly you have electronic control modules under the seats and also wiring looms. The potential safety issues are real and costs will run into the thousands. I’ve refused to drive the car. It will be collected on a transporter and taken direct to the dealership whereby I have asked the. To contact me upon its inspection prior to any work being carried out. At a minimum it’s goi g to need drying out, properly, need new carpets and underlay/soundproofing plus repairing the damaged pipe which I’m told is an internal part of the wiring loom costing circa £4k on its own. It’s a complete crock of ….. and a complete joke!
I’ve had this after auto windscreens incorrectly fitted a windscreen on a new 5 series. Water was running down the bulkhead behind the dash under the carpets. Never knew until the smell and condensation. BMW took over and had to replace the carpets, modules, ran into the thousands, then stuff started rusting, creating electrical gremlins. It’s a real serious problem. Cars don’t like water on the inside. So pissed about this, can’t emphasise it enough how much of a problem this really is.
Wait, they are saying the washer pipe is part of existing wiring loom and so would need to replace the whole loom???
I can’t believe that, as that would compromise the entire electrics even with a tiny split etc. Best to put some new tubing in over the top surely??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Conwy GTS

Post by Conwy GTS »

Porsche assist coming out to look at the car in the morning, having stressed to them that I have safety concerns, ie; not being able to clear the rear screen or camera.
Current :
2021 Porsche Macan GTS

Previously :
2014 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Jaguar F Type 3.0S
2016 VW Golf R
2017 Audi S4 Avant
2016 Audi S3 Sportback
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Conwy GTS wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:22 pm Porsche assist coming out to look at the car in the morning, having stressed to them that I have safety concerns, ie; not being able to clear the rear screen or camera.
I point black refused to drive the car due to this issue. I noticed the windows started steaming up yesterday which directed me to the issue. At least it matches the headlights ffs.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

TK421

Post by TK421 »

Jon A wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:20 pm
TK421 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:12 pm The issue you have is that you potentially have litres of fluid under the carpets soaking in to the seat bases etc.. plus and more importantly you have electronic control modules under the seats and also wiring looms. The potential safety issues are real and costs will run into the thousands. I’ve refused to drive the car. It will be collected on a transporter and taken direct to the dealership whereby I have asked the. To contact me upon its inspection prior to any work being carried out. At a minimum it’s goi g to need drying out, properly, need new carpets and underlay/soundproofing plus repairing the damaged pipe which I’m told is an internal part of the wiring loom costing circa £4k on its own. It’s a complete crock of ….. and a complete joke!
Wait, they are saying the washer pipe is part of existing wiring loom and so would need to replace the whole loom???
I can’t believe that, as that would compromise the entire electrics even with a tiny split etc. Best to put some new tubing in over the top surely??
This is what I’m being told, it runs around the wheel arch in the same bundle apparently. Agreed I’m sure there’s a splice fix for it, but would you want that as a fix? After water and screen wash has been pumped under pressure all over it.
My refill washer just light came on, which I thought was odd as I rarely use them as I don’t drive the car in wet conditions etc. didn’t think anything of it until I must of put 8L plus in the tank? Thought that’s odd. Then, few days later empty again, so stuck another 8-10l in, with more sonax extreme screen wash in? Same again this morning. So investigated things further and realised it’s been pumping it into the interior. In theory I have circa 20l of screen wash fluid under the carpets. Joke mate.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

This is turning into an absolute horror story!!
If what has been told to TK is true, then it’s rip back seats out and also replace wiring loom - that more than just back seats not to mention carpets soaked in washer fluid will need replacing??
Genuinely thought this would be a failed Y piece behind the tailgate panel but now at least three new cars, all with fluid pumped into the middle of the car somewhere makes for some seriously expensive repair work to kick off the new year.
I think this is absolutely crap from Porsche on so many levels. Sure, things fail, but same thing again and again (and that’s just on here) and not designed out by now??? 😶
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

That sounds as if it's been draining into the interior WITHOUT you triggering it 😨. If you don't drive it in the wet, do you keep it under cover? Mine lives outside and when the nozzles have been frozen they've thawed after about 30mins of driving.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Jon A wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:54 pm This is turning into an absolute horror story!!
If what has been told to TK is true, then it’s rip back seats out and also replace wiring loom - that more than just back seats not to mention carpets soaked in washer fluid will need replacing??
Genuinely thought this would be a failed Y piece behind the tailgate panel but now at least three new cars, all with fluid pumped into the middle of the car somewhere makes for some seriously expensive repair work to kick off the new year.
I think this is absolutely crap from Porsche on so many levels. Sure, things fail, but same thing again and again (and that’s just on here) and not designed out by now??? 😶
This is how it all dawned on me through the morning, as my brain started to work out the monumental fk about that I’m about to enter into!
Already been in contact with someone else who’s had the repair done on a Gen 2, and it was exactly as stated.
The whole interior will have to be dehumidified and dried out, the issues will appear down the road for no doubt the next owner as well.
It’s a real headache. I’m going to ask the OPC to strip the car and I’ll drive o er to inspect it BEFORE any work is carried out and IF I actually want to progress with the solution they offer. I’m on the edge with this whole Porsche thing, still waiting for my SE from hatfield to even bother to call me back after me leaving him 3 messages since 10am this morning.
I’m on the fkn war path !
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS