Rear washer not working.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
gbj1

Post by gbj1 »

Pythongrün wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:41 pm Have any owners (here) been denied a warranty claim to repair this problem?
Just waiting for a response and preparing for a "conversation"!

gbj1

Post by gbj1 »

Work done-turns out it was a one way valve in the rear washer pipe that needed replacing - also replaced a headlamp due to water ingress - little goody bag and nothing to pay! (there is a figure of £942.40 on the paperwork !!)

Musn't grumble :D
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

gbj1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:51 pm Work done-turns out it was a one way valve in the rear washer pipe that needed replacing - also replaced a headlamp due to water ingress - little goody bag and nothing to pay! (there is a figure of £942.40 on the paperwork !!)
A good outcome, however, "a one way valve in the rear washer pipe", is the first mention I've seen that such a thing exists!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

I think they mean there's only one way it's going to go... off the pipe.

My tech described the often referred to "T-Piece" as a pressure relief valve with a 5 BAR limit before it blows.

Interesting they replaced the headlamp. Had you asked for this? They often have condensation inside but actual water is unusual.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

There could be some sort of "non return valve" in the system.
gbj1

Post by gbj1 »

DJMCUK wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:03 pm I think they mean there's only one way it's going to go... off the pipe.

My tech described the often referred to "T-Piece" as a pressure relief valve with a 5 BAR limit before it blows.

Interesting they replaced the headlamp. Had you asked for this? They often have condensation inside but actual water is unusual.
No, I hadn't noticed anything wrong with the headlamp so when they rang to say the car's ready, and we've replaced the headlamp , I was half expecting a bill, but no.

In the section "Lights (damage, water ingress)" - recommendation "Fault in tester for OSF headlamp requires new headlamp" - I'm guessing they're not cheap!
gbj1

Post by gbj1 »

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:36 am
gbj1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:51 pm Work done-turns out it was a one way valve in the rear washer pipe that needed replacing - also replaced a headlamp due to water ingress - little goody bag and nothing to pay! (there is a figure of £942.40 on the paperwork !!)
A good outcome, however, "a one way valve in the rear washer pipe", is the first mention I've seen that such a thing exists!
The wording they used is "Rear washer inoperative requires new one way valve in rear washer pipe" £942.40!! But not :)
They did have the car a day and a half so that price may be accurate ?