Tracker Location / Identification

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
jamiedgwilson

Post by jamiedgwilson »

Hi Everyone, I've just picked up my 2015 S. It apparently has a tracker installed (deactivated). I was given a remote fob for it but no further information, and the dealer couldn't tell me anything about it. I know it's a long shot but would anyone recognise this fob and have any further info on where the unit may be located in the vehicle?

I've searched around the drivers side fuse box, the boot, the engine bay, around the glove box but can't see anything obvious.

Thanks

IMG_2725.JPEG

IMG_2724.JPEG

robbie

Post by robbie »

Yes all new Macans are delivered with two of these fobs should you wish to opt for the tracking service, you have to activate this via Vodafone and pay for this service. My two fobs are still in my draw in the study after 4yrs, have never used them and will pass them on when I sell my Macan. Don't think many forum members opt to use the Vodafone tracking service but its there if you want it, or if your insurer insists on it being active. Hope that helps
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
pmg

Post by pmg »

That is the standard Vodafone tracker fob that comes with all Porsches as standard and i think the unit is part of the PCM so you will not find anything separate?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
robbie

Post by robbie »

Sorry, just re-read your post, not aware there is a tracker unit fitted within the vehicle, I may be wrong but I think this small fob is your tracker and once activated you keep it inside the vehicle and would use the Vodafone App to manage the actual tracking. Someone who has this activated will tell you more no doubt..................
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
Lanmate

Post by Lanmate »

The fob accompanies the tracker which is part of the vehicle. When activated, if you do not have a fob in the car when driving, you will get a yellow sim card looking warning on the digital display to the right of the instrument cluster saying "Driver card not detected", and a phone call from Vodafone asking security questions to see if the car has been stolen or not. It can also miss detection of the fob if it's in a bag or surrounded by other stuff, the call centre advised putting it in the center console when that happened to me.
Gen3 GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPRAXAE8

Ordered 11th Aug 2021, Arrived OPC 7th Oct 2022, Collected 9th Dec 2022
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Same again, I have two but never used them. Made by Cobra in Italy, part number 7PP.862.077

The annual subscription is stupidly expensive. I kept this written by another user on this forum:

PCC is administered by Vodafone Automotive and comprises Remote Services, Safety Services and Security Services. The Remote Services is included “free” for the first year. Safety and Security are bundled together at £235 per year and if required will have to be paid for ab initio. If you need tracker for insurance or other purposes, then this is where you pay for it. It is the old VTS system but now built into PCM but still requiring the fob. As far as I am aware the tracker is Cat 5.

(sorry I can't name check whoever wrote this - didn't keep a copy)

Website is https://pcc.vodafonetelematics.com/cwp/ ... welcome.do

In comparison I have a £30 tracker that costs £5 a year to run and don't have to carry the fob (I accept it is more secure with the fob but imo it's a pain in the proverbial)

This is my write-up. PM me for more details or you can get me at porschequ@virginmedia.com

Cheers
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
andreas

Post by andreas »

The basic Vodafone tracker supplied as standard is very poor quality. I tried it when I first took delivery, but got very tired of frequent phone calls from Vodafone telling me my car had been stolen when I was actually driving it myself with the tracker fob in the car.

Like most of Porsche's IT efforts, it's not good.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

This was the OPs one and only post. Strikes me it could be a "phishing" expedition! Just call me an old cynic!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
andreas

Post by andreas »

Neil1911 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:55 pm This was the OPs one and only post. Strikes me it could be a "phishing" expedition! Just call me an old cynic!
Has this been worrying you all year?? :D
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

andreas wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:21 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:55 pm This was the OPs one and only post. Strikes me it could be a "phishing" expedition! Just call me an old cynic!
Has this been worrying you all year?? :D
No, but thanks for asking! :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP