April 23 Build - New to the marque - Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
stimshady

Post by stimshady »

PJV997 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:21 pm Hi welcome to the forum.

Looks a nice build. I don’t have my Macan yet, so can’t give direct feedback from an owners experience, but nevertheless, my two pennies…

...Hifi - I see you haven’t even specced Bose - and I know there are comments for and against, but if I were buying a pre-owned car, the first two items I filter are upgraded hifi and pano-roof. I’ve actually specced Burmester for my Macan but the plan is for it to be a long term ownership - if I was only planning to keep it for 3 or 4 years I might change that to Bose.

How long do you have before you need to lock your spec? I’m not expecting my car before Q4 so very envious!

I have read a number of threads on audio and i posted on this thread (on page 1 i think) about the internal argument i have with myself about audio in cars - the standard setup is not too bad as i understand, but of course more speakers is always a good thing!

Agreed re: the wireless charging, i have ditched it too.

My spec was locked in as of today, I dropped the Qi Charging, added some red-bits on the interior but then was asked to make this the last build as it has to go into production (soon i guess).

That got me thinking - i know Porsche must pump out hundreds of cars a day - so there must be literally thousands of cars in various degrees of build at any one time - how long does a full build actually take i wonder??

I bet you can't wait until Q4!
Current:

Ferrari 488 GTB
Porsche Macan S
Ferguson TEF20 (in bits)

Current build due April ‘23 http://www.porsche-code.com/PPKMGX52

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

cowdray2 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:36 pm As you can see lots of really helpful advice here and on other threads…most items you are considering have featured in discussions somewhere on the forum…

Enjoy the build up to final lockdown …!
Problem with all these assist systems, they make you a worse driver, as you rely too much on the car assisting you. I've never had 3d camera's on any car I've owned. I'm just careful when I park.

As for lane assist? I know people won't like this, but if you can't concentrate enough to keep your car in the correct lane, then maybe you shouldn't be driving?
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Pothole Avoidance Assist is the one feature we really need ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

PEC = Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone.

You should get an invite for half a day there, from your OPC.

If you haven’t had an invite yet, ask about it next time you speak to someone in your Official Porsche Centre.

Search ‘PEC’ on this forum for plenty of threads on the subject. :)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Skyway wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:30 pm Pothole Avoidance Assist is the one feature we really need ;)
Agreed. The system I have fitted for this is called “ocular scanning” and works as an augmented brain function, as long as I’m wearing my glasses 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

quote=Skyway post_id=261005 time=1674747021 user_id=4804]
Pothole Avoidance Assist is the one feature we really need ;)
[/quote]

Or select 20’ wheels :lol: :lol:
stimshady

Post by stimshady »

Potholes are crazy bad at the moment. The salt and cold combo has really made some whoppers.
Current:

Ferrari 488 GTB
Porsche Macan S
Ferguson TEF20 (in bits)

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Skyway wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:30 pm Pothole Avoidance Assist is the one feature we really need ;)
Would constantly be beeping !
andreas

Post by andreas »

wab172uk wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:21 pm
Problem with all these assist systems, they make you a worse driver, as you rely too much on the car assisting you. I've never had 3d camera's on any car I've owned. I'm just careful when I park.

As for lane assist? I know people won't like this, but if you can't concentrate enough to keep your car in the correct lane, then maybe you shouldn't be driving?
Generally agree with you, especially on things like lane assist. But Surround View is excellent, especially when parking, and should be a standard feature on all Macans.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
stimshady

Post by stimshady »

wab172uk wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:21 pm
cowdray2 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:36 pm As you can see lots of really helpful advice here and on other threads…most items you are considering have featured in discussions somewhere on the forum…

Enjoy the build up to final lockdown …!

Yep, totally. You shouldn’t need a driver aid to keep you in lane, or keep you from going into someone’s rear bumper etc, but if you sit in traffic or slow moving traffic and have these systems, they are sometimes handy when you can’t be bothered! Would never use them for anything other than ‘toys’ and definitely not for any serious driving.
Current:

Ferrari 488 GTB
Porsche Macan S
Ferguson TEF20 (in bits)