Loan Car Disappointment

The place to discuss everything else..
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

andreas wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:26 am
Wing Commander wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:55 am Has it come to this?!
At least it wasn't a Picanto...
True! :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

MikeM wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:41 am They have obviously got your card marked Wingco. The managers comments probably went something like this.. “Umm Simon hasn’t bought another Porsche for some time now and every time we give him one he whacks the miles up on it. Let’s give him the Kia, he won’t want to be seen in it and go straight home 👍😂😂

:lol: :lol: ...and maybe they’ve heard about me not using them for servicing any more... :lol: :lol:

And I did go straight home in it!! :P
Simon

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

pmg wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:23 pm
MikeM wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:41 am They have obviously got your card marked Wingco. The managers comments probably went something like this.. “Umm Simon hasn’t bought another Porsche for some time now and every time we give him one he whacks the miles up on it. Let’s give him the Kia, he won’t want to be seen in it and go straight home 👍😂😂
I was having similar thoughts. The handout of loan cars like anything from an OPC is driven by their prospects for future sales ;) ;) ;)

Ooh, that’s a bit cynical. ;)

They told me they had to rent this one out for me, due to lack of loaners.

Makes sense, as Kia is not a Dick Lovett franchise. They could have given me a Mini or 1-Series Beemer from local Dick Lovett dealerships. (Both of which I would have preferred.)

They obviously have to pay, to rent the Kia, rather than nil or lower cost to loan out a car from the Dick Lovett group.

I think it’s down to a combination of:

* Cars in for repair or servicing taking longer than expected
* Running fewer loan cars now, as due to lower availability, they’d rather use any cars they get for demo cars or showroom cars, to be subsequently sold on sooner than they might sell on a loan car. 🤔
Simon

pmg

Post by pmg »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:33 pm
I was having similar thoughts. The handout of loan cars like anything from an OPC is driven by their prospects for future sales ;) ;) ;)

Makes sense, as Kia is not a Dick Lovett franchise. They could have given me a Mini or 1-Series Beemer from local Dick Lovett dealerships. (Both of which I would have preferred.)

They obviously have to pay, to rent the Kia, rather than nil or lower cost to loan out a car from the Dick Lovett group.

* Running fewer loan cars now, as due to lower availability, they’d rather use any cars they get for demo cars or showroom cars, to be subsequently sold on sooner than they might sell on a loan car. 🤔
Maybe but they have lent spare Porsches to others before you. They are stating the availability of Porsche loan cars has been reduced to control costs and increase short term sales but they did not say they had no Porsche loan cars.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:24 pm
Jon A wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:13 am It’s only a few hours Simon 😂
Yep, just 3-4 miles to home and back. :P

In the old days, I’d book a day off, and hoon my loaner around the Cotswolds!

You quite like these Kia Sportages, don’t you Jon?
Certainly like them more than a mini or BM 1 series 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

What is it?

Should be another ugly car thread...dread to think what that front end looks like 😍
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

pmg wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:47 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:33 pm

Maybe but they have lent spare Porsches to others before you. They are stating the availability of Porsche loan cars has been reduced to control costs and increase short term sales but they did not say they had no Porsche loan cars.

Well, I choose not to take it as a personal snub.

Maybe they dish out Porsche loan cars on a first come, first served basis.

Swindon have a good reputation for good customer service, and I choose to believe them when they apologise and say, I’m afraid you’re in a Kia today...
Simon

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

AndyC160 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:04 pm What is it?

Should be another ugly car thread...dread to think what that front end looks like 😍

:lol: Apparently it’s a Kia Sportage GT-Line S HEV!!

I preferred the look of the previous version of the Kia Sportage.

To be fair, it’s ok, comfortable, high-tech and well equipped.

Not my cup of tea, and a very different driving experience to my own car. ;)
Simon

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I guess you can't expect to always get a Porsche loaner as it would really increase OPC costs which then means our costs increase even more. I actually like those Sportages, but it could have been something like a Ford KA ;)
Macan S MY 2023
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:55 am Has it come to this?!

Take my 911 Carrera T in for MOT and wheel swap.

Get this for a loan car, along with a £15 charge. :(

Also, couldn’t help but notice that most cars in the showroom were Taycans. And most cars in the pre-owned section were Taycans & Panameras.

They did have a 991.2 GT3 RS (sold), a 992 GT3 and an eye-catching Lava Orange 992, bearing the plate ‘91 WON’.
What car were you expecting? GT3 Touring?

They don't have cheap cars to act as loan cars like Ford, VW etc. Although being part of the VAG group, you'd think they'd be able to get a batch of cheap Polo's.

For servicing, most of us just need the cars to run us to work and back. From the picture, it doesn't look a bad loan car. Could have been much much worse.