Handling / body roll questions

All your ordering information here!
Leaky

Post by Leaky »

Thank you for these responses. My takeaway so far is 20s vs 21s probably makes minimal difference (or for some, no difference at all) to handling / body roll, particularly if including Air.

Ride comfort for me was fine on 21s on steel so it would just be even better!

One (at least - can't remember) of our Cayenne's had air and we didn't experience the motion sickness that has been talked about here and elsewhere in the Forum. Our OPC said that he thought it more of an issue with the Cayenne anyway so on that basis we are inclined not to be concerned. Any comments on that view of Cayenne vs Macan from those who have experience of both?

I found for my purposes and driving style that the S was the best fit of the three I tried. I'm not going to drive a GTS as I don't want to be tempted even further!

I have plenty of time (months...) before I expect to have to lock my spec and will try to find a 20" S to drive, with and without Air, but they do seem rare at least as demonstrators. My OPC has said he will let me know if they get a used one I can try pre warranty check as I would indeed like to drive the spec before I order it; they will have a demonstrator on 21s with Air in the next couple of months so I will be able to try that at least.

Now back to the challenge of what colour...

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I predict lots more time on the confuserater!! ;)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Cayenne v Macan handling? Don’t get me wrong here as I quite like the Cayenne ( might even go for the upgrade model once launched) but compared to the Macan it’s a Barge 😏
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Before ordering my Gen III GTS, which has 21s and the normal air (ie I swapped out the GTS-specific lowered air for normal air), I test-drove a 2018 Gen 1 GTS which has PASM but not air, which I liked but was quite stiff on 20" alloys, a 2018 Gen I Turbo with air on 21" alloys, which I liked and was suitably cushy, and a 2020 Gen II S with PASM but without air on 21" Turbo alloys, which was merely ok ride-wise and which I found rather dull. The performance (340bhp) was merely adequate and I couldn't really hear anything at all. My wife would have loved it but I require my cars to be a bit more stimulating.

I find the ride in my GTS decent - definitely better than my previous car which was a BMW 440i with adaptive suspension and 19" wheels, and I thought the ride in that was already fine. Handles much better than the BMW though - more agile and responsive. Spookily so for something SUV-shaped.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Leaky
You will get an invitation from the PEC for a half day visit there to drive a Macan on the circuits, skid pans etc and that will give you the chance to drive a Macan close to what you want to order.

Give it a couple of months after you have placed the deposit and ring them if you have not received an email invite.

Do ring them in any case and ask for a Macan S on 20” wheels with air etc or whatever you choose. If they can accommodate you they will.

I explained when I rang them that I could not find a demonstrator with air suspension, they accommodated me and I spent an hour outside the PEC on the country roads putting it through its paces.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags