Macan T. Evo Review. 4th March 2023

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Might be worth a look, for anyone considering buying a T (or 2.0).

:geek:

https://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/macan/t
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

andreas

Post by andreas »

The final sentence sums it up - "Because even if you only buy it for the kudos of owning a Porsche, the Macan T isn’t going to provide you with the experience you are expecting."
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

andreas wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:21 pm The final sentence sums it up - "Because even if you only buy it for the kudos of owning a Porsche, the Macan T isn’t going to provide you with the experience you are expecting."
It just depends on what experience you are expecting.

If you never drive enthusiastically, then the power will never be an issue.

If people think about it like say an Audi A3. The RS3 is the Macan GTS, all singing all dancing. The S3 is the Macan S. While the A3 2.0 Sline in the Macan T. Same car, different flavours.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

wab172uk wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:38 pm
andreas wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:21 pm The final sentence sums it up - "Because even if you only buy it for the kudos of owning a Porsche, the Macan T isn’t going to provide you with the experience you are expecting."

If people think about it like say an Audi A3. The RS3 is the Macan GTS, all singing all dancing. The S3 is the Macan S. While the A3 2.0 Sline in the Macan T. Same car, different flavours.

Agreed. People may well be looking to buy a Macan for different reasons.

Some people will be considering one because of the Porsche marque and its sports car heritage. Some may be simply looking for a classy mid-size SUV.

If compared to other SUVs of a similar size and engine, then it holds up very well. :)

The reason I bought a 2.0 Macan was purely down to waiting times, as my company car contract had come to an end. (The SD had a much longer wait time, the petrol S was as rare as hens’ teeth and the GTS had not been introduced.) For others, getting into a T or 2.0 much more quickly than an S will be a deciding factor.

I think that Evo are quite a well respected brand, so I thought it may be useful to share their review. :)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:46 pm
wab172uk wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:38 pm

Agreed. People may well be looking to buy a Macan for different reasons.

Some people will be considering one because of the Porsche marque and its sports car heritage. Some may be simply looking for a classy mid-size SUV.

If compared to other SUVs of a similar size and engine, then it holds up very well. :)

The reason I bought a 2.0 Macan was purely down to waiting times, as my company car contract had come to an end. (The SD had a much longer wait time, the petrol S was as rare as hens’ teeth and the GTS had not been introduced.) For others, getting into a T or 2.0 much more quickly than an S will be a deciding factor.

I think that Evo are quite a well respected brand, so I thought it may be useful to share their review. :)

Cheers,
Agree with both of you, horses for courses and all that.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

My reasons for buying the Macan "T"
I've always aspired to owning a Porsche but up until now didn't have the inclination to spend the money, I'm now past 70 and very comfortably off and if I don't buy one now I'll never buy one, and after all it's only the cost of the first year in an old peoples home.
I want the badge on my bootlid - I'm being honest.
Depreciation - my other choices were MB GLC or Audi Q5 but a nicely specced version of either would cost not much less than the Macan and hopefully the Macan will retain a much larger proportion of it's purchase price come resale.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:14 pm My reasons for buying the Macan "T"
I've always aspired to owning a Porsche but up until now didn't have the inclination to spend the money, I'm now past 70 and very comfortably off and if I don't buy one now I'll never buy one, and after all it's only the cost of the first year in an old peoples home.
Depreciation - my other choices were MB GLC or Audi Q5 but a nicely specced version of either would cost not much less than the Macan and hopefully the Macan will retain a much larger proportion of it's purchase price come resale.
I got 71% of my S's purchase price back after 41 months and 39,000 miles, but it did only have about £6k of options on it...
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:26 pm
I got 71% of my S's purchase price back after 41 months and 39,000 miles, but it did only have about £6k of options on it...
£14k of options on the new one though!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:26 pm
That's an excellent result ,whether used car prices will settle in the next few years to their previous levels is anybody's guess. A well specced GLC 300 4matic (258 bhp) P Plus lists at about £64,000.00 , and will probably retain about 50% after 3 years - £32,000.00 loss . Macan £66,000.00 should be about 60%+ so only about £25,000 loss. that's my man maths.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

And that one sentence is why anyone with any brain cells should ignore any and all car reviews and drive the damn car yourself.

Test drive the variant that you want to buy and make up your mind.

All we can do is advise and if a punter ignores, add this, add that, remove that, then that is up to them.

There are thousands of Porsche owners out there who just want a tarted up shopping trolley with a Porsche badge.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags