Comfort entry update

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

So took the car this morning for the software update to get the comfort entry working (seats move when open/close door). After an hour, told didn't work and they have had to order a new "control unit". I was not actually that bothered about the function but just wanted everything on the car to work as it should. Glad I did it now as what else might this control unit operate that don't work at the moment?

Anyone else had this issue or can shed some light on what it is. Was just told it was a door sensor and they would need the car for 1-2 days to fit when in.

Justin

Post by Justin »

I've just had this.

Took my Macan in to main dealer this morning for a Service and the recall update.

Now the memory buttons on the driver's side don't work - the seats move manually, and the key button at the bottom (kind of) works, in that it can reset the aircon but not the seats.

The memory seats worked this morning, but not now.
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Had mine in lastweek for heatshield fix and AWD update and I asked for comfort entry to be added back in which they did and mine is working as is

Only thing I discovered (non related) is the centre arm rest is very sqeaky when opening and closing it
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Justin wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:28 pm I've just had this.

Took my Macan in to main dealer this morning for a Service and the recall update.

Now the memory buttons on the driver's side don't work - the seats move manually, and the key button at the bottom (kind of) works, in that it can reset the aircon but not the seats.

Do you need to re-save the position of each seat, and for each driver? Perhaps being hooked up to the OPC diagnostic system has wiped the seat memory. You’ll need to save to key as well I expect.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:01 pm
Justin wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:28 pm I've just had this.

Do you need to re-save the position of each seat, and for each driver? Perhaps being hooked up to the OPC diagnostic system has wiped the seat memory. You’ll need to save to key as well I expect.
Software update shouldn't affect seat memory positions. Only a factory reset would wipe everything.
Justin

Post by Justin »

The problem is that the top button has been disabled - the one on the passenger side turns red when you push it, allowing you to save positions.

On the drivers side the top button does not light up when pressed and so I cannot save any positions.

I would have been ok if it had just wiped the memories, but the update has disabled the whole thing.
aj13

Post by aj13 »

My driver's side was doing same.
No red light.

Passenger side ok...had red light.

Was fixed under warranty...but I'm sure the dealer said it was just reset.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

My pax side light and beep has never worked but does save the seat position. Drivers side is fine. I just thought this the norm but will mention it this week when it goes in for the comfort entry.
Macan S MY 2023