eFuel

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
andreas

Post by andreas »

Skyway wrote: ↑Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:11 am 8 year old EVs with end of life batteries delivering about 20% of their as new range are not gonna fill this market.
Most EV batteries are guaranteed to retain at least 70% of their capacity over 8 years.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

wab172uk wrote: ↑Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:34 am
pmg wrote: ↑Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:15 am I am amazed at how little effort is being devoted to Tidal energy
I have spoken many times about this. Not on here, but to friends and family.

The simple fact is that we could have Tens of thousands of tidal buoys bobbing up and down all day creating electricity. Unlike wind farms, even if the wind isn't blowing, the tide is still moving. We coulld be completely self sufficient.

But as with everything that will `save the planet` it is only acted on if big business can make a profit. There is a huge amount of money to be made (paid for by the tax payer) for wind farms. Those turbines cost a lot to build, install (more so if offshore) and need continuous maintenance. Offshore can be either ship or Helicopter. Which are all chargeable.

Oh, and the turbines themselves cannot be recycled. Makes sense doesn't it !

You can manufacture buoys at very little expense (compared to a wind turbine), and they are cheap to install and maintain. So no huge profits for the corporations. You also can't justify a `Green levy` on people energy bills.

As with everything that big business and governments get behind. Always follow the money.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Jon A wrote: ↑Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:02 am
Re batteries, rare earth metal free versions already exist and Tesla says they will phase them all out in their batteries by 2030.
If Tesla said it it must be true then. In reality though the precious metals required for batteries will be here to stay. There is no alternative to what they already use. And the fact China is aggressively buying up land to mine these minerals says it all.

Take anything big business, governments or environmentalist say which involves a date, with a pinch of salt. See below all the dates we were all meant to die, run out of oil, or be frozen solid. Utter horsesh*t meant to keep people in fear.

IMG_0526.JPG

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Jon A wrote: ↑Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:43 am
wab172uk wrote: ↑Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:34 am
pmg wrote: ↑Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:15 am I am amazed at how little effort is being devoted to Tidal energy
I have spoken many times about this. Not on here, but to friends and family.

The simple fact is that we could have Tens of thousands of tidal buoys bobbing up and down all day creating electricity. Unlike wind farms, even if the wind isn't blowing, the tide is still moving. We coulld be completely self sufficient.

But as with everything that will `save the planet` it is only acted on if big business can make a profit. There is a huge amount of money to be made (paid for by the tax payer) for wind farms. Those turbines cost a lot to build, install (more so if offshore) and need continuous maintenance. Offshore can be either ship or Helicopter. Which are all chargeable.

Oh, and the turbines themselves cannot be recycled. Makes sense doesn't it !

You can manufacture buoys at very little expense (compared to a wind turbine), and they are cheap to install and maintain. So no huge profits for the corporations. You also can't justify a `Green levy` on people energy bills.

As with everything that big business and governments get behind. Always follow the money.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
What's funny Jon? Facts? Damn those conspiracy theory facts. Grrrr

Go look it up mate. You might stop laughing.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Interesting.....taken from an AutoExpress article....

"A recent UK government report says..
52% of all small particle pollutants now come from tyre and brake wear.
24% from wear & tear of painted markings on roads.
15% from car exhausts"

BEVs being so much heavier are contributing much more to the first two. :roll:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
GTB

Post by GTB »

A few articles on this in recent days and will no doubt provide updated info.

I ahve always said their will be a "Mix" of automotive fuels and that EV's will NOT be the only choice and wont repeat all the reasons why. e-fuels will have a place to play and I believe they will become the fuel for the majority in five years time.

Article from Reuters published today makes interesting reading

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 023-03-21/

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0