Sports crono on a base

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Armin

Post by Armin »

I believe there is no power increase in the car. However, the car feels way so faster!
It sounds a lot better. as well, the boost button, which almost feels the same as a quick change to sport + is really good for overtaking ;-)
I have a gut feeling that the mapping is different with a greater boost in the turbo.
Previous car:
Merc E class AMG coupe

Current
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPVXGZW7
BMW Z4 3.0l straight 6

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Armin wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:32 am I believe there is no power increase in the car. However, the car feels way so faster!
It sounds a lot better. as well, the boost button, which almost feels the same as a quick change to sport + is really good for overtaking ;-)
I have a gut feeling that the mapping is different with a greater boost in the turbo.
No, there is no change to mapping or turbo boost, both of which would change and/or increase power delivery.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

The bulk of it is placebo, the other bit is aggressively horrible gear changes
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Oscar2

Post by Oscar2 »

Tracky wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:48 am The bulk of it is placebo, the other bit is aggressively horrible gear changes
Do you think it’s placebo on all the Macans or just the 2 litres whatever it is their plenty quick there’s plenty of acceleration I don’t use mine on a track 😂😂
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

The accelerator response is changed - but that simply means your engine responds to input a bit faster and the gearbox will change down earlier in the pedal stroke.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Oscar2

Post by Oscar2 »

Plyphon wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:21 pm The accelerator response is changed - but that simply means your engine responds to input a bit faster and the gearbox will change down earlier in the pedal stroke.
Thanks for the info that makes more sense, if I was getting another Macan I would have the sports crono for sure, it fairly makes a difference!
andreas

Post by andreas »

Plyphon wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:21 pm The accelerator response is changed - but that simply means your engine responds to input a bit faster and the gearbox will change down earlier in the pedal stroke.
How different is the response from simply pressing the Sport button?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

andreas wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:21 pm
It's even more aggressive - it'll change down much, much earlier following pedal input and it'll hold the revs all the way up to the limit before changing up. It'll also downshift sometimes two gears depending on your speed when you initially set Sports+

It'll hold the revs when you lift off instead of changing up - which can be a bit much having the car sitting at 5/6k revs when you really want it to be changing up.

In comparison Sports is more like "fast but reasonable driving" but Sports+ is more like "absolute maniac".
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Plyphon wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:08 pm
It's even more aggressive - it'll change down much, much earlier following pedal input and it'll hold the revs all the way up to the limit before changing up. It'll also downshift sometimes two gears depending on your speed when you initially set Sports+

It'll hold the revs when you lift off instead of changing up - which can be a bit much having the car sitting at 5/6k revs when you really want it to be changing up.

In comparison Sports is more like "fast but reasonable driving" but Sports+ is more like "absolute maniac".
So sports plus makes you sound like a chav!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Oscar2

Post by Oscar2 »

Tracky wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:36 am
Plyphon wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:08 pm

So sports plus makes you sound like a chav!
I think the penny just dropped 😂😂