New Car Collection But Not Macan

The place to discuss everything else..
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Having just had a dig by "Tracky" and didn't realise I was obligated to declare and post my new car collection :lol: :lol:

Not everyone's cup of tea but for me having had Macans for nearly 8 years it was time for a change. Wanted something with better rear passenger room more space without going to Ceyenne size. For me the Macan is beginning to look a little dated and not enough improvement really on the Gen 3, especially tech wise and not easy finding something to compare with the Macan for sure, guess Porsche are keeping all improvements and a more modern looks back for the new EV.

Only had it a couple of weeks but so far I'm impressed and it's living up to my expectations.

So a couple of the obligational pics below :lol: :lol:

[

IMG_3357.JPG

IMG_3358.JPG

Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

That looks nice EDZ and I know what you mean re space, room and tech. However I’d have to say you are on dodgy ground claiming any styling upgrade against a Macan! πŸ˜‚
I love the interior of the Grecale and that engine will be a peach, I just think they missed a trick on the exterior design somehow. All utterly subjective of course, enjoy your new ride πŸ‘
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Jon A wrote: ↑Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:38 am That looks nice EDZ and I know what you mean re space, room and tech. However I’d have to say you are on dodgy ground claiming any styling upgrade against a Macan! πŸ˜‚
I love the interior of the Grecale and that engine will be a peach, I just think they missed a trick on the exterior design somehow. All utterly subjective of course, enjoy your new ride πŸ‘
Thanks Jon.

I know what you mean it's all subjective hence why I said not everyone's cup of tea :lol: But for me just enough as I can't stand some of these new pointy, sharp angles and over space age designs and looks, especially on new EV's, getting old I suppose :lol:
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Lovely looking machine πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I had a Ford Capri that was a similar colour.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

EDZ wrote: ↑Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:04 pm
Jon A wrote: ↑Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:38 am That looks nice EDZ and I know what you mean re space, room and tech. However I’d have to say you are on dodgy ground claiming any styling upgrade against a Macan! πŸ˜‚
Thanks Jon.

I know what you mean it's all subjective hence why I said not everyone's cup of tea :lol: But for me just enough as I can't stand some of these new pointy, sharp angles and over space age designs and looks, especially on new EV's, getting old I suppose :lol:
With you there EDZ and so glad you went for such a fantastic colour too, it would have been sacrilege to go with some sort of grey… πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

ScotMac wrote: ↑Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:13 pm Lovely looking machine πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I had a Ford Capri that was a similar colour.
Thanks ScotMac.

Very hard to catch on camera but it's not plain racing yellow. Amazing actually, it's from Maserati's special Fouriserie rang.
When the light and sun catches it there is subtle blue and gold metallic metal flake in it and as the sun catches higher parts on panels it highlights them and changes colour, a sort of pearlescent.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Congrats, EDZ!

Always good to see a yellow sporty car on here! ;)

Plus, I love a bit of Italian exotica! Will certainly be a rarer sight than a Macan!

Enjoy! 😎

P.S. Am glad that Tracky encouraged you to post some pics. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Looks stunning. How long did you have to wait for it?
Macan S MY 2023
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Wing Commander wrote: ↑Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:35 pm Congrats, EDZ!

Always good to see a yellow sporty car on here! ;)

Plus, I love a bit of Italian exotica! Will certainly be a rarer sight than a Macan!

Enjoy! 😎

P.S. Am glad that Tracky encouraged you to post some pics. ;)
Thanks Simon.

Rare maybe :D Well if you see one like this it will be a 1 in 4 chance it's me at the moment :lol:
I knew there was only ever going to be a maximum of 200 world wide and a maximum of 10 to the UK of the Trofeo Primaserie and have now found out just 4 have come to the UK so far.
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Skyway wrote: ↑Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:40 pm Looks stunning. How long did you have to wait for it?
Thanks Skyway.

I waited just over 13 months as this is the Trefeo Primaserie a special addition model, but I believe delivery for standard Trefeo's is around the 6 to 8 months and have been arriving in the UK since October last year.