Another first time Porsche buyer

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wootiful

Post by Wootiful »

Having been a Porsche fan since I was 5 forty years later I have finally ordered my first, a Macan T for delivery Sept/Oct 23.

The current spec I have gone for after much toing and froing between base, T and occasionally S is https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRYVREH4 although this is likely to change.

Having driven both an S and a base I loved the sound of the S's engine but have no need for its performance. In my middle age, I rarely use anywhere near the full ability of my current S3, you look a bit of an idiot if you leave a set of traffic lights at full bore :D.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Jamie

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to our friendly forum! :)

I was 50 before I bought my first one, so you’re ahead of me! ;)

Your T spec looks good in Gentian.

You will get some folks suggesting the S instead (longer waiting list I expect) but looks like you’ve tried an S and given your spec a lot of thought.

I would spec a T differently, but the beauty of Porsche is that thousands of permutations are possible!

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I think that’s a nice spec. I might be tempted to go 14/18w seats or at least add memory to the 8w you have?
Gentian suits the Macan 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
andreas

Post by andreas »

I hope you've had an extended test drive of a 2.0 litre Macan. I found it good in town, but very disappointing out on the open road. The engine revs a lot, and the PDK hunts around the ratios, all trying to get some sort of performance out of an engine which isn't ideally suited to a 2-ton SUV.

On spec, I'd also have been tempted to upgrade the seats. I'd also add Power Steering Plus and a 75 litre fuel tank.

Things I wouldn't spec would be Lane Change Assist, Speed Limit Indicator, Auto-dim Mirrors and Bose sound. Deleting those would save around £1800, some of which I'd spend on an extended leather package. I don't think a £65K car should have lots of plastic in the cabin.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Jon A wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:33 pm I think that’s a nice spec. I might be tempted to go 14/18w seats or at least add memory to the 8w you have?
Gentian suits the Macan 👍
Welcome and I’m with Jon, the T is well specked from the off, If happy with the 8 way seats and they are nice in the T but I’d get the memory pk too…

Gentian is lush but I’m bias as that’s what I’m getting!

Imo you have picked nice wheels, I originally choose 21” but after seeing the 20” S wheels in the flesh as it were, I was impressed with them in the metal and happy with them.
Enjoy the forum.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

andreas wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:53 pm
On spec, I'd also have been tempted to upgrade the seats. I'd also add Power Steering Plus and a 75 litre fuel tank.

Things I wouldn't spec would be Lane Change Assist, Speed Limit Indicator, Auto-dim Mirrors and Bose sound. Deleting those would save around £1800, some of which I'd spend on an extended leather package. I don't think a £65K car should have lots of plastic in the cabin.
The thing is you’ll now get a million different opinions.

I actually would not spec power steering plus, especially on the lighter T as it’s too light for my taste, much prefer the standard PS.
I have lane chance assist and it’s great, speed limit indicator is good too. Auto dim is not required on a car this high. I had auto dim on my last Macan, but not on my current one and never noticed any difference. As for Bose, I would suggest you have better ears than most on hear being a youngster! So go for it. Definitely spec extended leather and memory.

I was 47 when I got my first Macan, so you beat me.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
wingless

Post by wingless »

Wootiful wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:07 pm... The current spec I have gone for after much toing and froing between base, T and occasionally S is https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRYVREH4 although this is likely to change.

Any thoughts or opinions?
Welcome to the forum.

Best of luck w/ your new vehicle. The waiting is the hardest part (put to music in your head).

Great choice to include the 360° parking cameras. The passenger mirror on the Macan doesn't permit observation of the wheel / curb, so it is just a matter of time before a great driver ends up w/ curb rash. That camera system you already selected will help in that regard.

Mine has the same wheels and it is REALLY easy to clean both sides of the wheels when hand washing / drying the vehicle.
2022 Macan
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Looking at your comments & your spec, looks like you have been lurking here and made a pretty good job with the spec.

2.0 litre is a small not to powerful engine for a car that will weight 2T by the time it is loaded, but if you are happy with that is all that matters.

8 way seats are very basic, you will possibly find them unsupportive and uncomfortable on a long run, 14 or 18 way would be a better choice plus these include memory function.

PS+ is progressive power steering, max at parking, zero assist at town speeds and above.

Lane change and speed display a waste of cash, put the cash saved against the seat upgrade.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
wingless

Post by wingless »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:32 pmLane change and speed display a waste of cash, put the cash saved against the seat upgrade.
IMO, the lane change option is a great feature. It works well and I find it nice to have that additional feedback provided by the vehicle.
2022 Macan