EV Macan - again

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Looks like 2025 before this unicorn escapes the stable................ what on earth has gone wrong here? Well apart from VW software, electronics etc.
Originally the EVM was destined to appear in early '22, then '23 Model Year now apparently MY '25 if you are lucky in Europe and almost certainly early '25 for UK.
A good friend had a long(ish) discussion re his long 'ordered' (letter of intent) EVM and has cancelled. His quote 'I could be dead by then'..........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

bennachie wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:07 pm Looks like 2025 before this unicorn escapes the stable................ what on earth has gone wrong here? Well apart from VW software, electronics etc.
Originally the EVM was destined to appear in early '22, then '23 Model Year now apparently MY '25 if you are lucky in Europe and almost certainly early '25 for UK.
A good friend had a long(ish) discussion re his long 'ordered' (letter of intent) EVM and has cancelled. His quote 'I could be dead by then'..........
I heard something different from my OPC this week. Likely launch towards end of year at LA motor show. Deliveries next year. Got the impression Q2-Q3

Petrol version not to run in parallel for nearly as long as previously planned. Stopping Q1 / Q2. Not sure if that's orders or production. Probably orders I guess

Definitely not saying you're wrong and I'm right. Just passing on what I heard
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Indeed. My personal thought was late 23/ 24 but he was adamant that the OPC were sure of their information; this was yesterday. He is now looking for a hybrid Cayenne, new model - back end of the year allegedley................
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

We'll see I guess. My conversation was Tuesday, and the reduction in EV / Petrol overlap seemed to be the latest news

Hopefully it's a good car when it finally arrives. They've been working on it long enough!
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
stimshady

Post by stimshady »

Hopefully the whole EV thing gets cancelled completely and we get back to proper motoring.
Current:

Ferrari 488 GTB
Porsche Macan S
Ferguson TEF20 (in bits)

Current build due April ‘23 http://www.porsche-code.com/PPKMGX52
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

We can but hope; but I suspect that will not come to pass.
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I suspect they can't get the unit cost low enough to meet the Macan proposition - the Macan is the highest volume seller for Porsche and they no doubt want to preserve that.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

stimshady wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:08 am Hopefully the whole EV thing gets cancelled completely and we get back to proper motoring.
Unlikely, politicians love EVs.

They fail to see the pollution is just moved elsewhere, it's not removed. Next target will be particulate emissions from brake pads and tyres. Sadly fleets of diesel busses and trucks in our cities are far worse particulate polluters than petrol cars.
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

Plyphon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:47 am I suspect they can't get the unit cost low enough to meet the Macan proposition - the Macan is the highest volume seller for Porsche and they no doubt want to preserve that.
If Porsche can't get the Macan to the right price point Dacia buyers are gonna be very disappointed.
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

EngineerMK wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:52 am
Plyphon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:47 am I suspect they can't get the unit cost low enough to meet the Macan proposition - the Macan is the highest volume seller for Porsche and they no doubt want to preserve that.
If Porsche can't get the Macan to the right price point Dacia buyers are gonna be very disappointed.
I'd be disappointed if I'd bought a Dacia...not just in the car but in myself as well 😭
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160