Wheel Touch Up Advice

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Good job !
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Certainly can't see it in that photo :)
Macan S MY 2023
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Good job, the only way I would know it’s there is the slight nick in the tyre.
That’s good practice for the next time OH kerbs again 🙈
Hopefully not 🙏
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Decent job, that’s the beauty of black wheels if not to badly damaged they are easy enough to colour match compared to other painted versions, whereas if it were diamond cut you would be putting yourself through the time, inconvenience and cost of a complete wheel refinish.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Skyway wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:02 am It's really odd that Porsche don't sell the wheel touch up paint. I tried to get some Titanium platinum for a couple of tiny stone chips on the wheel and ended up using a close Mercedes match where u can get wheel touch up.

Find a black that's similar and build up thin layers, and then paint on some clear laquer on top (I'm assuming your wheels are glossy)
Which one out of interest? I have lightly nicked one of the satin platinum GT design alloys on my car, much to my annoyance.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Wolands Advocate wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:28 pm
Skyway wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:02 am It's really odd that Porsche don't sell the wheel touch up paint. I tried to get some Titanium platinum for a couple of tiny stone chips on the wheel and ended up using a close Mercedes match where u can get wheel touch up.

Find a black that's similar and build up thin layers, and then paint on some clear laquer on top (I'm assuming your wheels are glossy)
Which one out of interest? I have lightly nicked one of the satin platinum GT design alloys on my car, much to my annoyance.
If OPC can’t provide it this company may be able to help.

https://autocarpaint.co.uk/pages/product-result
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

For the 2 really tiny stone chips I had I used my Merc paint which is known as Tremolite Alloy.

However, after researching a bit the dark titanium used on the Macan standard alloy seems to carry a paint code of OC6 from digging through a few web sites. On the site posted there is a paint labelled Titan Dunkel with code LOC6. As Dunkel means Dark I reckon this could well be the paint. Worth an order at £9.99 for a bottle.

P.S. - Porsche can't help with the paint, they literally do not sell wheel paint.
Macan S MY 2023