GTS collection

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
hpja

Post by hpja »

Having paid a deposit 15 months ago, I’m off to collect our new Macan GTS ( https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRKB9HR3 ) on Tuesday.

I've been reading this forum for a few months and must thank everyone for all the information and advice gleaned before and after finalising the spec. E.g. Col Lamb’s advice/rants about the inclusion of a spare wheel! 😃

Apart from this car being the largest car I have ever owned, I'm slightly apprehensive because after 40 years of black(hole) interiors, we’ve chosen a pale leather - not quite sure how that will pan out from a practical perspective since we tend to keep cars for long periods. However, my wife optimistically points out that if and when the interior gets dirty, she can always buy a new one. I'm relieved to say she doesn’t apply the same principle to houses (or even husbands). At least she hasn’t yet.....

Speaking of whom, I must try to remember that this car is supposed to be hers.
Current: Macan GTS (2023)
Current: 992S (2020)
Previous: 997 C4S (2006)
Previous: 944 & 944S (1980s)

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to our friendly forum! :)

Gentian looks good!

Don’t worry about the light interior. Before my Porsche days, I had an Evoque with a light interior & that was fine. Plus, there are good cleaning products out there! ;)

Feel free to share more details/pics of your other Porsches.

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:36 pm Welcome to our friendly forum! :)

Gentian looks good!

Don’t worry about the light interior. Before my Porsche days, I had an Evoque with a light interior & that was fine. Plus, there are good cleaning products out there! ;)

Cheers,
welcome OP

I also agree on pics, nobody cares about Macans on here as they are just posh Audis so put some pics up of the proper porches you have
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Welcome to the Forum.

Will look forward to the pics of your new car.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Welcome! Don't worry about the Pebble interior, it will stand up well to use. Mine's 5.5 years old and still looks great. I use Restorers Leather Cleaner, which gently lifts grime off the seats.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XD2FJ99
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Tracky wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:39 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:36 pm Welcome to our friendly forum! :)

Gentian looks good!

Cheers,
welcome OP

I also agree on pics, nobody cares about Macans on here as they are just posh Audis so put some pics up of the proper porches you have
😂😂
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Gentian looks good!

Cheers,
welcome OP

You can borrow an s from him, unless you do want to see his porches 😁😁
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

2japs wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:07 pm

Gentian looks good!

Cheers,
welcome OP

Ha ha

I realised that afterwards but couldn’t be bothered to edit

Must have porches on the brain - my parents who have lived in the same house for 40 years have now decided they want a porch on their house - pissing my inheritance up the wall I’ve told them !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Tracky wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:15 pm
2japs wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:07 pm

welcome OP

Ha ha

I realised that afterwards but couldn’t be bothered to edit

Must have porches on the brain - my parents who have lived in the same house for 40 years have now decided they want a porch on their house - pissing my inheritance up the wall I’ve told them !
Ha! I’m spending the kids inheritance too… hopefully flick the last penny out of the wooden box.! OPC getting get a chunk of it!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
GTB

Post by GTB »

hpja,

Good luck and enjoy Tuesday and enjoy the car even better!! Mind send some pictures, and another Gentian Macan.......... Well done.

You will love it.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0