Deposit?

All your ordering information here!
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Hi all, it’s been some time since I last posted - many changes in life since then, but I will separately update you on how I found the new car and options separately.

I’m about to place another order, to get in the queue and to change the car around the 2 year mark, or sooner, depending.

I paid the deposit for first car on credit card. Have things changed, I’m being told I cannot do that this time?

I’d prefer to do it this way, like the last time. Thanks

MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

I've paid all my deposits for Porsches on a credit card - ranging from 3k to 10k. The rest of the monies for the car have to be paid by bank transfer. Credit cards also provide further protection on your purchase even with a small percentage of the total being on the card.

Which dealership is refusing credit card?
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Perfectly understandable given the Blood Sucking Banker mentality.

Credit Card fees per transaction can vary between 1.5 & 6% depending upon the CC used.

A direct transfer incurs far less Blood Sucking Banker fees.

It may also depend upon the OPC who you are thinking of using.

There are two OPC’s who I would never order from.
Last edited by Col Lamb on Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Thank you both - it’s Mayfair, and the money laundering thing they manage is being said to be why, but I thought that was for the balance of payment.

Previously credit card was fine, so find this a bit odd and like Arif says, you want the cr card protection.

I’ll ring them but perhaps I should just put the deposit down elsewhere?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Mayfair is part of the :-
Porsche Retail Group
Formed in 2003, Porsche Retail Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Porsche Cars Great Britain.
We represent five Porsche Centres located in Guildford, Hatfield, Mayfair, Reading and West London.
So it will probably be the same now with any of these OPC’s
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Don’t see how this would be an issue for any of the retail group OPCs. How is this different from paying £3K for a service/repair and they’d happily accept cards for that.
Macan S MY 2023
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

I just checked the CYP form I signed from them and it says the below, I should have checked before. So I’ll ring them and see because it clearly states I can pay by credit card. They have to abide by their own form right?

For deposit payments our preferred method of card payment is Chip and PIN when you visit our showroom. Please note that we only accept a single debit/credit card transaction to a maximum of £10,000. If you are unable to visit our Centre or your card is not Chip and PINcompatible please arrange for a bank transfer as per number 1. The only exception to this is for deposit payments up to a maximum of £5,000, for which we will send you a Pay-by-Link (valid for 24 hours) via email to pay by debit card.
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Hi Col,

I know Hatfield accept credit card deposit, so it appears it might just be Mayfair.

I understand the bank charges element but it isn't the whole amount you are paying on credit card, also the money laundering can't be a reason for a relatively small deposit, you aren't walking into the dealership with 10k in a carrier bag!

SanPorMGTS - I would go with another dealership if they don't accept a deposit on credit card, I'm sure there are plenty of dealerships that would want to take your order if Mayfair become difficult.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Deleted User 5763

Post by Deleted User 5763 »

Perth OPC wouldn’t take a credit card deposit. They are part of the Peter Vardy group. I had to pay on a debit card.
andreas

Post by andreas »

SanPorMGTS wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:49 pm I just checked the CYP form I signed from them and it says the below, I should have checked before. So I’ll ring them and see because it clearly states I can pay by credit card. They have to abide by their own form right?

For deposit payments our preferred method of card payment is Chip and PIN when you visit our showroom. Please note that we only accept a single debit/credit card transaction to a maximum of £10,000. If you are unable to visit our Centre or your card is not Chip and PINcompatible please arrange for a bank transfer as per number 1. The only exception to this is for deposit payments up to a maximum of £5,000, for which we will send you a Pay-by-Link (valid for 24 hours) via email to pay by debit card.
Don't the terms actually say that you can only make a deposit payment by debit card?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)