Why do I bother...My Porsche App problem

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
GWL

Post by GWL »

Just to save you wasting 2 hours (as I just did) - For those of you who bother with the My Porsche App, there is currently a problem whereby it cannot update the status of the car (e.g. locked, unlocked, range, etc) and shows a red dot and/or "Zzzz" regarding the connection to the car.

After trying all sorts of resets in the car / PCM and uninstalling/re-installing the app to no avail, I found a post on a German Panamera owners' website where a few others were reporting the same problem. It seemed to start last Thursday (27th July 2023) and Porsche have not been able to resolve it for them.

As one poster stated "It would appear the student who wrote the app has left and no-one else has a clue about it".
Who says the Germans haven't got a sense of humour ;)
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i

Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Euahhh. wish I read this 15 minutes ago. Just checked the app as I couldn't remember if I locked it - app said unlocked with a red/grey dot. So I walked back to discover I had, in fact, locked it.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

i’ve never been able to get the app to connect so i gave up and deleted it!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Thank you GWL.

Just spent a frusting amount of time trying to get it to connect. This followed the latest "fix" email from Porsche Smart Mobility, following 15 months of of non availabilty of "Send route to car" !@!! :oops:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

GWL wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:48 pm Just to save you wasting 2 hours (as I just did) - For those of you who bother with the My Porsche App, there is currently a problem whereby it cannot update the status of the car (e.g. locked, unlocked, range, etc) and shows a red dot and/or "Zzzz" regarding the connection to the car.

After trying all sorts of resets in the car / PCM and uninstalling/re-installing the app to no avail, I found a post on a German Panamera owners' website where a few others were reporting the same problem. It seemed to start last Thursday (27th July 2023) and Porsche have not been able to resolve it for them.

As one poster stated "It would appear the student who wrote the app has left and no-one else has a clue about it".
Who says the Germans haven't got a sense of humour ;)
Thanks for this. I reported this issue yesterday. I get some updates but status symbol is always red or snoozing.
Macan S MY 2023
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Connection - phone to car - has just been reestablished for me.
Steve

GWL

Post by GWL »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:55 pm Connection - phone to car - has just been reestablished for me.
Just checked mine - connection re-established, status updated.

Don't know if this is a coincidence, but I sent a fault report (via the app) to the support team this morning, with screen shots and links to this thread and the German Panamera one. Maybe that spurred them into action?
Last edited by GWL on Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
pmg

Post by pmg »

In the last fortnight it has connected every time I have tried it but showed all info apart from tyre pressures. Tonight, all info including TP's is showing
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Yep, mines all working now too :)
Macan S MY 2023
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Can you send route to car from your smartphone via the My Porsche App and it's received and up and ready on your PCM Sat Nav screen?
Steve