Why do I bother...My Porsche App problem

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
GWL

Post by GWL »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:29 pm Can you send route to car from your smartphone via the My Porsche App and it's received and up and ready on your PCM Sat Nav screen?
Well, not quite route - you can send a destination and the car's nav works out the route. I've only used it twice, but I have successfully sent destinations to the car's nav. I think it pops up on the navigation screen for you to select - it's not stored in the destination list.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

GWL wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:43 pm
SAC1 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:29 pm Can you send route to car from your smartphone via the My Porsche App and it's received and up and ready on your PCM Sat Nav screen?
Well, not quite route - you can send a destination and the car's nav works out the route. I've only used it twice, but I have successfully sent destinations to the car's nav. I think it pops up on the navigation screen for you to select - it's not stored in the destination list.
The App also shows the route. See below.

Mine was working and sending it from App to PCM....but 15 months ago it stopped being received by the PCM. All the other data info is showing on the App. still.

Screenshot_20230731_210431_My Porsche.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I pretty much use Apple Maps for all my navigation, but I’ll give this a go when I’m next playing with the car.
Macan S MY 2023
GWL

Post by GWL »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:11 pm
GWL wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:43 pm
The App also shows the route. See below.

Mine was working and sending it from App to PCM....but 15 months ago it stopped being received by the PCM. All the other data info is showing on the App. still.
Oh, thanks for that - I haven't used it that much and didn't realise you could also send route.
Previous :
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
GWL

Post by GWL »

Following my submission of a fault report (via the app) I got an email from Porsche today. Here's a couple of extracts :
Porsche AG are aware of intermittent server outages over the passed month, and they have been working on a resolution and fix. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We have been advised there has and will be some unplanned maintenance which has and will affect customers from logging in to their vehicle and using their remote services. We believe the issue has now been resolved.
Things you can do to try and resolve concern is to delete and reinstall the My Porsche app, as well as log yourself out of your vehicle as the main user, lock vehicle and wait for 15 minutes. Then re-log in to the PCM. This allows the PCM to reset itself.
I do love the term "unplanned maintenance" = it broke down ;)
Previous :
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
GTB

Post by GTB »

I send destinations to my car at least three/four times a week and no issues with it. On starting the car can take up to 3 Mins for a message to pop up on screen saying new destination received do you want to navigate to it? Press yes and Nav kicks in as usual.

I agree, the app itself is prehistoric compared to other car manufacturers and well below that of expectations of a "Premium" car. Often it doesnt connect or its not availible, I put it down to Mob signal strength at times and also the main servers/system that allows the app to function.

The Kia Connect app I use for another of my cars is a million times better, never fails to connect and far more functions to interact.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
StefP

Post by StefP »

I got this today
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited. We are sorry to read that you are having concerns with your services.

Porsche AG are aware of intermittent server outages over the passed month, and they have been working on a resolution and fix. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We have been advised there has and will be some unplanned maintenance which has and will affect customers from logging in to their vehicle and using their remote services. We believe the issue has now been resolved.

Please ensure that your vehicle and the My Porsche app is in an area of good network connectivity. It will not be able to connect to the Porsche Server if not, for example if it is in an underground car park or garage. If the vehicle is connected to the server, it can be shown via the green dot next to the vehicle name in the My Porsche app. Signal is needed to the server, like your mobile device and being able to receive calls, the services need signal to be fully operational and communicate with the vehicle.

Things you can do to try and resolve concern is to delete and reinstall the My Porsche app, as well as log yourself out of your vehicle as the main user, lock vehicle and wait for 15 minutes. Then re-log in to the PCM. This allows the PCM to reset itself.

Please allow another 48 hours, and if your concern persists, please send in screenshots of any errors to this email and we will investigate the matter further for you.

Thank you for your time, patience and co-operation over this period.

Kind regards

Porsche Customer Interaction Centre

On behalf of Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Here's the latest work around I received last week to fix the destination send issue.

-------- Original message --------

Subject: Porsche Case - Send Route

Porsche AG have now advised that this issue seems to be resolved, however they have asked if this issue is still occurring to follow the workaround below:

Log out the My Porsche account within the PCM and delete itCarry out a factory reset within the vehicleRe-login to the PCM and follow the setup wizard (ideally link with driving profile to remain logged in. This has proven to be more reliable than automatic login via Bluetooth

Nope, that didn't fix it for me.
Steve

HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Porsche tech is crap!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

UPDATE

Well today I got a notification (while I was driving) that the PCM had an over-the-air update this morning. Did not say what though. Couldn't see anything different on / in the PCM.

When I stopped, I checked the MyPorsche App and EVERYTHING on it is fully working again :D ;) This was last the case some 18 months ago :oops: :roll: . Early Christmas present! Just hope it now all lasts into the future. :o :lol:
Steve